Are swimming pools in hotels in Bangkok currently open?

jackdd

My friend who had a "staycation" in one last weekend said it was open but you had to book a time slot in advance and were supposed to have a lime limit in order to limit numbers of people in the area as they are generally unmasked when poolside.

No idea if that is Bangkok-wide or just this particular hotel.

• Like 2

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency last month and used the outdoor pool.  I had to reserve an hour slot in advance, same with the exercise room.  I also stayed at the Sheraton Grande where the pool was closed but you could hang out in the garden.

• Like 1

Pool was closed at Novotel Suvarnabhumi when I was there 2 days ago. 

They sent this by email: As part of measures set by the Thai government and following the recent announcement by CCSA (Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration), inbalance fitness & swimming pool remain closed until further notice.

Edited by Thaibeach
More info

I left BKK just as they started reopening before then locking down, and in my fancy condo building (yes not a hotel I know) the pool was open for a few days with pre-booking of time slots…

…and chlorine increased to about 30% by volume.  I guess if you’re super paranoid about Covid and not very well informed, it makes sense.  They meant well anyway but it was miserable, I lasted about 10 minutes even after being pool-deprived for months.

So even if you find a hotel pool that’s open, keep in mind it may be too aggressively chlorinated for all but the most dedicated sport swimmers.