Transferwise money transfer now called Wise money transfer but still so slow

11 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

You missed part of the many responses and details I have provided.

"Might depend on your Bank Account where your funds come from. Mine is UK and Twise have a London sort code so I just do a transfer. Also on the Twise app they show the transaction to/from and you can print off a receipt. Contact Twise and get them to confirm that they must send direct to Kasikorn. Then ask Kasikorn how they will confirm your monthly income to Immigration. I provide them with a draft letter that I want!! 

I also give Irritation, sorry Immigration, 5555 an Excel spread sheet, showing the transactions from start to finish for the year!!"

That comes through the various systems of different Thai Banks. I only use 1 and dont know how the others work. ????????????????

Do you really think that the Immigration Officer will take YOUR Excel sheet as PROOF of where the money came from or went to. NO. He wants official statements from Thai Banks and a bank book showing International Transfers, FTT with Bkk Bank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Do you really think that the Immigration Officer will take YOUR Excel sheet as PROOF of where the money came from or went to. NO. He wants official statements from Thai Banks and a bank book showing International Transfers, FTT with Bkk Bank.

Read all the FACTS provided. Immigration lady loved the spread sheet because it collated all the figures OF THE PROOF INFORMATION provided if she wanted to check them!!!????????????????

7 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

Read all the FACTS provided. Immigration lady loved the spread sheet because it collated all the figures OF THE PROOF INFORMATION provided if she wanted to check them!!!????????????????

OK, I take your point. But my Immigration Lady wanted only an official bank statement showing 12 International monthly transfers, confirmed by entries in my bank book, and the letter showing my current balance and ownership of the account. I took all my own Wise, Bangkok Bank  & Nationwide statements, only to be rejected and given back without looking at them. Every IO is different.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

The problem with Thailand is that only works until it doesn't. The rules are open to interpretation, so different offices do things differently, and much depends on the officer who processes your application. A change in staff could well lead to a different result next time around.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, thefactoryoutlet said:

can you explain me why I have read here that this service is good ?

up until about 2/3 years ago my transfers from TransferWise, UK to Bangkok bank always took at least 4 days while others would claim about 2 days.  Then for no apparent reason it started to take about 2 days also which is where i am now, however others are now claiming hours or minutes.

The money is already in their hands when i do the transaction so who knows why mine takes longer?

1 hour ago, Dene16 said:

up until about 2/3 years ago my transfers from TransferWise, UK to Bangkok bank always took at least 4 days while others would claim about 2 days.  Then for no apparent reason it started to take about 2 days also which is where i am now, however others are now claiming hours or minutes.

The money is already in their hands when i do the transaction so who knows why mine takes longer?

What reason for transfer do you choose? do you need it to be classed as International? also what time do you initiate the transfer?

Edited by scubascuba3

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What reason for transfer do you choose? do you need it to be classed as International? also what time do you initiate the transfer?

long term stay but that option has only been available for approx 2 years. The times i initiate the transfers can be literally anytime that takes my fancy, night,day, early hours of the morning etc. I have no time pattern whatsoever 

13 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

long term stay but that option has only been available for approx 2 years. The times i initiate the transfers can be literally anytime that takes my fancy, night,day, early hours of the morning etc. I have no time pattern whatsoever 

Choosing long term stay will definitely delay the transfer so if speed is important choose a different one. Initiate before 9.30am Thai time it will then settle 2pm that day, if later it will be the next day 2pm. Choosing long term stay initiates a manual process for International classification, don't use it if you don't need it

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Choosing long term stay will definitely delay the transfer so if speed is important choose a different one.

i will try it in approx 4 days and see what happens. The waiting time does not bother me in the slightest but it will be interesting to see if its quicker

On 9/27/2021 at 7:33 AM, KannikaP said:

Proved beyond doubt. Did two transfers at 5.00 this morning, Bht5000 each to same Bkk Bank. One I put for Medical Expenses which arrived in seconds as a local transfer, the other for Long Term Stay will arrive at 14.00 today as a Foreign transfer, FTT.

Thats what I say...medical expenses...and as my previous comment...took under 15 seconds....Just noticed now 46.10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Did you try putting 'for long term stay in Thailand' ?

No....but have put under the other reasons ..Did a double check on my SCB and see that most/all deposits etc registered X1...with X2 and C2..listings. Been using same methods with SCB for about 7 years (Currency Fair...Azimo..and now T/Wise)...and no problems with extensions..Still have backup Bangkok Banks...going back 30 years. for emergencies.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

No....but have put under the other reasons ..Did a double check on my SCB and see that most/all deposits etc registered X1...with X2 and C2..listings. Been using same methods with SCB for about 7 years (Currency Fair...Azimo..and now T/Wise)...and no problems with extensions..Still have backup Bangkok Banks...going back 30 years. for emergencies.

I take it that X1, X2 and C2 signify transfers from a foreign bank, like FTT does in Bkk Bank. Otherwise, how could they be accepted by Immigration for an Extension?

Edited by KannikaP

I find it comedy gold how many seem to get bent out of shape over Transferwise

I (and several others) have told you how to do it. How to transfer money to TW itself etc etc and which method is the quickest

You can lead a horse to water. Now we have posters claiming delays are endured because of the "reason for transfer"

Chaps thats entirely for TW historical records should there ever be an investigation into money laundering on your account

Its makes no difference if you say its for Noi in Nongbulamphu or immediate action funds for Soi 6

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

I (and several others) have told you how to do it. How to transfer money to TW itself etc etc and which method is the quickest

You can lead a horse to water. Now we have posters claiming delays are endured because of the "reason for transfer"

Chaps thats entirely for TW historical records should there ever be an investigation into money laundering on your account

Its makes no difference if you say its for Noi in Soi eight or immediate action funds for Soi 6

Incorrect. As I posted earlier, I did two simultaneous transfers for Bht5000 each. One of them putting 'For Medical Expenses and the other 'For Long Term Stay in Thailand'

The first arrived immediately, the second at 2pm that same day.

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The question is, was Bangkok Bank the receiving Bank? i doubt it as they usually settle 2pm

SCB....Been using same methods with SCB for about 7 years (Currency Fair...Azimo..and now T/Wise)

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Its makes no difference if you say its for Noi in Nongbulamphu or immediate action funds for Soi 6

Not as funny as people thinking Wise offers the best rates around or even as funny as people being so desperate for funds they time it to the second....

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Incorrect. As I posted earlier, I did two simultaneous transfers for Bht5000 each. One of them putting 'For Medical Expenses and the other 'For Long Term Stay in Thailand'

The first arrived immediately, the second at 2pm that same day.

ok up to you fella.....out

• Sad 1

On 9/27/2021 at 2:33 AM, DPKANKAN said:

You missed part of the many responses and details I have provided.

I missed nothing and your reply to a post specifying receiving funds as FTT was just wrong, hence you had to explain your circuitous route to produce evidence for immigration.

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

That misunderstanding is maybe because you aren't aware of why and when the reason "For long term stay in Thailand" was introduced, and the changes it made to how Transferwise processed the transaction.  It makes it slower, but provides Thai Immigration what they want with minimal messing about.  This is more important than speed for many, which is still available if required.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, treetops said:

I missed nothing and your reply to a post specifying receiving funds as FTT was just wrong, hence you had to explain your circuitous route to produce evidence for immigration.

That misunderstanding is maybe because you aren't aware of why and when the reason "For long term stay in Thailand" was introduced, and the changes it made to how Transferwise processed the transaction.  It makes it slower, but provides Thai Immigration what they want with minimal messing about.  This is more important than speed for many, which is still available if required.

Give up will you. I do not have problems as I use that reason AS I STATED. sorry if you do not understand English. Fortunately the many other comments, 'likes' and 'loves' do!!

PS do you miss your bar stool???? 5555????????????????.

End of!!????????????????

• Haha 2

This morning I moved a few hundred pounds from my HSBC account in the UK to Wise in the UK.  It arrived immediately and I had an email from Wise telling me so by the time I logged into my email account.

Then I sent the same money from Wise to my Kasikorn account here giving long term stay in Thailand as the reason.  The money arrived in well under a minute, probably in under 30 seconds.

I don't yet know the  code given to the transfer as a staement only goes up to close of banking last night.  I'll have a look tomorrow and report back.

11 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Give up will you. I do not have problems as I use that reason AS I STATED. sorry if you do not understand English. Fortunately the many other comments, 'likes' and 'loves' do!!

PS do you miss your bar stool???? 5555????????????????.

End of!!????????????????

Stop digging.  You started with a misleading reply and you've been trying to deflect from it ever since.

Now it's been pointed out you're trying unsuccessfully to be smart.  You don't get FTT or equivalently marked funds and hopefully readers now know what to take from your posts on this.

20 minutes ago, lungbing said:

This morning I moved a few hundred pounds from my HSBC account in the UK to Wise in the UK.  It arrived immediately and I had an email from Wise telling me so by the time I logged into my email account.

Then I sent the same money from Wise to my Kasikorn account here giving long term stay in Thailand as the reason.  The money arrived in well under a minute, probably in under 30 seconds.

I don't yet know the  code given to the transfer as a staement only goes up to close of banking last night.  I'll have a look tomorrow and report back.

it won't be International

They are scammers ! if you have money in your balance on their website but want to refund it to your bank account, you have to pay a fee, when they actually just allow a refund for free on their side. But they force you to use the send money function.

• Thanks 1