Transferwise money transfer now called Wise money transfer but still so slow

Set up Account & used for the 1st time in July, after reading many positive reviews on here. Transferred from UK to my Kasikorn Bank all with-in 1 day, i imagine it will be even quicker next time, as i now have my Account up & running with them.

No problems for me ????

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, nightfox said:

I get my money transferred from the U.S. to my BKK bank twice a month, Depends on the cut off time its sent to Thailand, it takes 3 hours max for the funds to clear in my account. I don't know why people say its slow.

No complaints, using Deemoney -

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Whenever I read on this forum that the service is unreliable my immediate thought is 'this must be an American' and I'm always right.

I'm sorry, I know that's not very helpful, but I suspect that the most likely cause of these delays is time difference between Thailand and the US.

Time delays or whatever, expect to get your money in 24 to 72 hours. That for non weekend, non holiday, and you will not be disappointed. This if using this service from a US bank.

BTW Why Bill Grates & his lizard people minions do this, is a mystery.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, beaufoy said:

I intend to transfer a few million baht soon but as a test i transfered 50 euro from ireland to my thailand bangkok bank ac and received only 1500 baht 

The instruction to my irish bank was to transfer in euros so it was not european fex rates to blame, also i paid the irish bank fees in advance

The exchange rate was 38 baht to the euro which means i should have received 1900

I suspect bangkok bank have an extra add on fee of about 500 baht, which stays the same if you transfer 50 euro or 50,000 euro ...of course a charge of 500 baht when transferring 50 euro is a lot, but not a lot if you transfer  50,000 euro......please confirm 

wise today are showing 39.1297euro, to send 50euro you would get 1.894.66 thb

Edited by steve187

Yes, I've used Transferwise, now Wise, for four or five years now.  They're faster now than they used to be, but the slowest I've seen is a couple of days, and I have recently received transfers in a matter of hours. Mu transfers are from the US to Thailand. 

This only applies to transfers on weekdays. If you transfer money on weekends, your bank here won't credit your account until Monday here.

My experience with Wise is significantly different from the OP’s.  I transfer USD to BKK bank on a regular basis.  When I choose “funds for long term stay” it usually takes a day and always arriving around 2pm the following banking day.  If I choose funds for monthly expenses, etc., the funds are credited within seconds, provided I’m initiating the transfer on a regular banking day within normal banking hours here in Thailand. I always use ACH transfer to move the USD to Wise.

Perhaps the OP can provide more detail regarding how he chooses to move the money to Wise.  

• Like 2

I have a Wise Borderless account with GBP, EUR, USD, AED & THB sections. Each month I keep an eye on the GBP-THB exchange rate and when it looks favourable, I convert GPB, which I have already put in my GBP section, into the THB section which stays there until on 1st of each month I transfer THB to my Bkk Bank which costs THB 32. If done before 6am it arrives at 14.00, otherwise 14.00 next day. No problems ever.

I have also used it to send AED to my sons in Dubai with no problems, but the Arab banks are much slower.

• Like 1

I have done at least 30 transactions with Wise formally TW had one issue only when it took 12 hours to reach my SCB account normally I can transfer from my U.K. bank to SCB and the whole transaction is completed in less than an hour . The 12 hour delay was I believe was down to me doing a transfer over a weekend I try to do weekdays the quickest was 6 minutes this was achieved by having monies sitting in my Wise account so only had to do a straight transfer from wise to SCB sometimes if I transfer from my bank to wise which then transfers to SCB this can take an hour .

13 hours ago, Grusa said:

I can not agree. I recently did a transfer from UK bank (in £) - Wize - my Thai bank (in baht ) .

From UK bank to SCB, including email /app / SMS notifications, was less than 10 minutes...even though Wise said could be up to 2 days!

And rates were fantastic! 

I use UK to SCB also. 

May I ask, which selection do you use as the reason for transfer? 

Originally, it was seconds, but now always delayed, sometimes overnight (I don't transfer from Fridays to Sundays) 

12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Because every time you read that, the poster will be sending money from the UK or Europe, from where the service is excellent.

Whenever I read on this forum that the service is unreliable my immediate thought is 'this must be an American' and I'm always right.

I'm sorry, I know that's not very helpful, but I suspect that the most likely cause of these delays is time difference between Thailand and the US.

Will you are wrong this time!  I'm a American been using it for years just like the rest of non Americans who are successful. I use it every month now and in many cases the money is within my Thai bank within 30 minutes!????

13 hours ago, thefactoryoutlet said:

the money is already with them in USD but they keep postponing to transfer to my Thai bank, and days after still haven't !

Of course, you first have to convert into THB in your Wise account, then initiate the transfer to your Thai bank. Otherwise it will sit there forever. 

• Confused 3

" Reliable "  If this is your first time and it is being delayed then saying it isn't reliable is a stretch?  What I can say been a customer for a number of years is how you do the transfer ACH etc.. might have something to do with it particular if the amount is large?

I would agree when it comes to reliable the tracking information provided is a bit off there are times it is slow do to it being a Thai Holiday or weekend do to the time change we forget?  Then there are times below the fine print in the tracking it indicates the money is here but it also says " it can take up to two days for your money "    there are times now the money is already in my Thai account before they even have taken it from my account in the U.S.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Perhaps the OP can provide more detail regarding how he chooses to move the money to Wise.  

That is a very valid point. When you read praise for Wise, it's often from the UK. There we can transfer funds into Wise in a matter of seconds. I can complete the whole process, on my mobile within 5 minutes and I always receive my funds the same day.

I understand that it isn't that simple from 'across the pond' and we don't have an 11 hour time difference plus 6 times zones to contend with in the UK. It's bound to make a difference.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Will you are wrong this time!  I'm a American been using it for years just like the rest of non Americans who are successful. I use it every month now and in many cases the money is within my Thai bank within 30 minutes!????

No I am not wrong! The fact is that many Americans complain about the slowness of Wise.

So how about you, instead of criticizing my valid observations, explain to your fellow citizens how they can help themselves to improve the service for themselves.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That is a very valid point. When you read praise for Wise, it's often from the UK. There we can transfer funds into Wise in a matter of seconds. I can complete the whole process, on my mobile within 5 minutes and I always receive my funds the same day.

I understand that it isn't that simple from 'across the pond' and we don't have an 11 hour time difference plus 6 times zones to contend with in the UK. It's bound to make a difference.

If some transfers can be completed in seconds, obviously, there is no 'human' intervention involved, it is done by computers, as are emails etc.

Why should different time zones make a difference? 

23 minutes ago, delh said:

I use UK to SCB also. 

May I ask, which selection do you use as the reason for transfer? 

Originally, it was seconds, but now always delayed, sometimes overnight (I don't transfer from Fridays to Sundays) 

Then send the Wise transfer one day before you need the THB!

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No I am not wrong! The fact is that many Americans complain about the slowness of Wise.

So how about you, instead of criticizing my valid observations, explain to your fellow citizens how they can help themselves to improve the service for themselves.

It is a valid observation it is " just in my opinion a dumb generalization " period  then you made another dumb remark fellow citizens maybe look in the mirror and try to comprehend you first remark!  Making accepting criticism  which clearly here is the case while you want to bash others with what you try to label as "  valid remarks "  my response and experience clearly show " not all Americans "  "  how they can help themselves to improve the service for themselves "  show your remarks isn't the case should be a clear example that the slow service is not just American related, not listening to your silly remark should be a clear indication they can improve their service with Wise!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I cannot comment about transferring US$, as I'm transferring Swiss Francs. For this currency, It never takes more than 1, maximum 2 hours. The record transfer was done in just 23 minutes. I assume the delay in your case is caused by the slow domestic transfer from your US$ bank to US-Wise.

• Like 2

I like the service even if it is somewhat slow at times. The ACH withdrawal from my Credit Union to Wise is always less than a minute. It usually arrives In my BB account next day excluding weekends and holidays. Not a problem if you plan ahead. I think if you do a debit card withdrawal to Wise vs the ACH method it is faster, but more expensive and limited to 2000 USD.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Because for me it works flawlessly like a clockwork for more than two years now (first transaction January 2018).

Same day or next day.

Last transfer on Friday. Initiated from my WISE account at about 8:30 AM, in Bangkok Bank account 2 PM as always.

But that's NOT from the US but from Euro zone.

Same for me, great service.  Transferred money this morning and it was sent within 13 secs.