Transferwise money transfer now called Wise money transfer but still so slow

24 minutes ago, davidkas said:

My transfers with Wise usually take 5seconds to 5 minutes. Make sure you send the money during banking hours and the is never a problem

One benefit is that transfers can ALSO be made outside banking hours. The weekend is even better because if you like the Friday rate you can 'hold' it for 72 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronster said:

Was great before but now bit slow at times.

Avoid sending on a Friday as you probably won’t get it till Monday I have found and if you cancel the transaction it can take a day or more to be returned to you .

I send money weekly from uk and find if I do it between 6-7am Thai time then it is in my Thai bank in either seconds or a few hours . Anytime after that it doesn’t arrive till late in the day or next day in middle of the night. 

Don't send your money over a weekend.......you get to hold the rate until Monday.....then send your money.

• Confused 3

Your statements are weird!  I am an American (USA that is.)  I started using TransferWise (now Wise) when the issue of requiring the format of the transfer having to be in international format and not the approach all US banks use even to this day, domestic transfer, 

When I first did transfers, it took three business days, holidays were considered weekend days.

Now as Wise continues to grow, I get my transfer done overnight!  I begin the transfer at 8PM Thai time (9AM EDT.)  My money is in my Bangkok Bank account at 2:14PM Thai time.  So, if that is slow, so be it.  No issue for me.

By the way, I have a Bangkok Bank Savings account.

I would imagine if you are having a problem, it most likely is being caused by your home country bank not by Wise

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

A fair comment  but there are only VERY marginal savings...... 83p on 1 x GBP 2,000 versus 2 x GBP 1,000 transfers.

It is the exchange rate that makes the major difference and I receive payments in on behalf of others at various times of the month. 

Yep I was only highlighting that on another thread yesterday.....its very marginally as to make no difference

16 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Don't send your money over a weekend.......you get to hold the rate until Monday.....then send your money.

As I said previously, do not be tied to the rate which is on the day you need to send it. Build up a THB balance over the month, and then send it as THB to your Thai bank. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

That's the same thing.

Fella having been in finance for over 36 years I know that, you know that but for whatever reason Wise "appears" to have delays when submitted by that format on many occasions

Just use a bank transfer. Path of least resistance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Lucky You Especially with Bangkok Bank.....Mine took 24 Hours last time !!

Everytime it is quickly but a few weeks ago I transferred money and than it took 2 hours without any explanation. It happened to me too that if you do it on Friday late afternoon it will not arrive before Monday, although people wrote that the weekends were no problem.

Usually my transfers from UK with Wise take seconds or minutes. But the one I initiated pm on last Friday Uk time (after Thai banking closed already) took until early Monday morning UK time even though they already had got my money from my UK bank on Friday.

- Strange because I would have thought it would have arrived in Thailand bank opening time on Monday.

This is the only one out of many transfers that has taken this length of time. They do state weekends can slow things down.

I suggest initiating transfers only when both ends' banks are open.

the speed of transfer will depend on the day of the week, so do it on Monday or Tuesday

if done Friday, then expect 3 days min

Using a debit card as the source of funds is always faster

in the US, using ACH for bank transfer might add another 2 business days delay, so if done on Monday, it will actually be transferred on Wednesday to THB, and if done on Thursday, expect a week

Edited by GrandPapillon

18 hours ago, trunav said:

it got delayed many times for no reasons, and I am from EU.

I suspect that they pay people to flood online with good reviews.

I can picture you now twitching by your keyboard with your tinfoil hat on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, lexilis said:

I admit it I am old and dont understand a lot of this but I am tired of the fees I pay to transfer money from the US to here. From the point of view of my bank in the US how does the (Transfer)Wise transaction appear? Is it just like a domestic transfer to a US ABA routing number? Is it in the IAT format (required for BKK BK NY transfer)? 

It may be what transfer method you use?  I use my debit card usually arrives in minutes.

I believe bank to bank can take longer?

Mine took 5 secs again last week. From Uk bank- TWise-Kasikorn. 

It may be your Thai receiving Bank the problem. I believe they have 3, Kasikorn, Bangkok and one other.

Also never do it at the weekend as the banks sit on it here!!

There is a chat/message mode you can have with them and ask/talk about any problems!!????????????????

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

It isn't. The costs are higher for transferring via card.

Sorry, I was talking cobblers!   You are correct.   Free for Bank Transfer, £3.60 via Debit Card, probably because they have to pay some sort of commission charge.  

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Wise is faster and cheaper than ever for me now. Wise (US) > Kbank in seconds when the Thai banking hours are open.

THAT is the trick! ????

Time it when both countries are in "business hours" 

Example - send your UK to Thailand transfer at 09:00 GMT. In Thailand it's 16:00 so "business hours" in both countries and it's almost instant. Outside those hours it can take longer.  That has been my experience anyway.

19 hours ago, trunav said:

it got delayed many times for no reasons, and I am from EU.

I suspect that they pay people to flood online with good reviews.

Where’s my money? I just posted two favourable reviews and haven’t seen a penny from Wise.

Of course it could be they are simply very good at the single job they do … sometimes that happens. 

• Haha 1