Phuket domestic entry restrictions to be eased Oct 1

webfact

1632369832_1-org.jpg

Governor Narong announced the easing of entry restrictions yesterday (Sept 22). Photo: Phuket Radio Thailand

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket officials have agreed to ease the restrictions on domestic entry to the province starting Oct 1 in a move aimed at encouraging travel to the island.

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew announced the easing of the screening measures at a meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee yesterday (Sept 22).

The meeting resolved to relax travel to Phuket by allowing people to travel to Phuket by land, sea and air as long as they are fully vaccinated or have recovered from being infected with COVID-19 no more than six months previously.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-domestic-entry-restrictions-to-be-eased-oct-1-81489.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-23

Seems to me they still have restrictions in place such as no alcohol in restaurants and then certain places closed.  If all I was doing was hitting Phuket to hang out at one of the Panwa resorts in the past i would still need the following: A question one needs to ask is this "Have the requirements truly changed or are they still to much?

"travel to Phuket by land, sea and air as long as they are fully vaccinated or have recovered from being infected with COVID-19 no more than six months previously.  They must also have tested negative for COVID-19 by RT-PCR or antigen test kit (ATK) within seven days before arriving".

“Such measures will be announced from October 1, 2021 onwards, but people will have to wait for the official order from the province before it can come into effect,” 

?? Phuket news..  Every time i read one of their articles i get more confused and uninformed.

Easing restrictions is: Accepting PCR tests done withing seven days instead of 72 hours? Thats all?

Also from Oct 1 you will have to be fully vaccinated? Today its acceptable to have only one shot of certain vaccines or not?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

?? Phuket news..  Every time i read one of their articles i get more confused and uninformed.

Easing restrictions is: Accepting PCR tests done withing seven days instead of 72 hours? Thats all?

Also from Oct 1 you will have to be fully vaccinated? Today its acceptable to have only one shot of certain vaccines or not?

PCR test is not a requirement now nor in the announced 'easing'.

This will allow more people to come without hotel bookings and stay with friends etc., but is not a game changer.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

PCR test is not a requirement now nor in the announced 'easing'.

This will allow more people to come without hotel bookings and stay with friends etc., but is not a game changer.

Quotes from Phuket News:

"The current restriction in place requires people entering Phuket to test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arriving to enter the province."

From oct 1: "They must also have tested negative for COVID-19 by RT-PCR or antigen test kit (ATK) within seven days before arriving"

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

Quotes from Phuket News:

"The current restriction in place requires people entering Phuket to test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arriving to enter the province."

From oct 1: "They must also have tested negative for COVID-19 by RT-PCR or antigen test kit (ATK) within seven days before arriving"

So where does it say a PCR test is required now or a PCR test will be required after 1 October?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Seems to me they still have restrictions in place such as no alcohol in restaurants and then certain places closed.  If all I was doing was hitting Phuket to hang out at one of the Panwa resorts in the past i would still need the following: A question one needs to ask is this "Have the requirements truly changed or are they still to much?

"travel to Phuket by land, sea and air as long as they are fully vaccinated or have recovered from being infected with COVID-19 no more than six months previously.  They must also have tested negative for COVID-19 by RT-PCR or antigen test kit (ATK) within seven days before arriving".

“Such measures will be announced from October 1, 2021 onwards, but people will have to wait for the official order from the province before it can come into effect,” 

You are correct the problem is are the travel companies the world over relating all this relevant information being passed on to prospective tourists, unfortunately I have my doubts....

• Like 1

As a business owner in Phuket who needs to fly domestically and return to Phuket, I can tell you that the actual documents required/demanded to re-enter Phuket are in no way related to this simple Covid test, vaxx cert as published by the authorities.

You need a file of documentation on letter of employment, business registration, work permits, proof of office address and it better be backed by employee social security payments or you or your staff will not even get on the flight. It is complete nonsense to keep your business operational.

If you think you can board a flight with a rental agreement as proof of residence on the island - no, not accepted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

As a business owner in Phuket who needs to fly domestically and return to Phuket, I can tell you that the actual documents required/demanded to re-enter Phuket are in no way related to this simple Covid test, vaxx cert as published by the authorities.

You need a file of documentation on letter of employment, business registration, work permits, proof of office address and it better be backed by employee social security payments or you or your staff will not even get on the flight. It is complete nonsense to keep your business operational.

If you think you can board a flight with a rental agreement as proof of residence on the island - no, not accepted.

According to the topic these restrictions will be eased by 01/10/2021. So from 01/10/2021 onwards it should be 'simple Covid test, vaxx cert as published by the authorities'.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2