Buffet Breakfasts, Low Priced Recommendations

Hello!

Anyone wana recommend low priced hotel-style western buffet breakfasts?

The one with bacon, ham, sausages, etc with orange juice.

I usually only get that when I'm out on a trip and staying in a hotel. In Bangkok, I used to go to President HOtel on Sukhumvit 11 when I lived around there, it was pretty good and for only about 220 baht all in.

I wana try the one in Ascott Sathorn for about 250 baht.

Any other recommendations for similar type breakfasts?

Any lower priced buffet suggestions?

Cheers!

Mike

Edited by junkofdavid2

Regarding low priced bfast:

I tried Ascott Sathorn this morning. 220 Baht, simple, competent buffet with omlettes made to order, etc.., and some asian dishes, including rice soup. Best part is the validated free parking and hassle free location (if you're driving). Might be good locale also for those showing up early at the Suan Plu immigration to waste a day, only a short walk to there. Nothing special, but if you're in the area and not looking for a big production it works. They don't get many walk ins there- mostly guests.

In the Silom/Sathorn area, the set-breakfast Irish X-Change on Silom & Convent at 150 Baht is the best value for money and the most hearty and tasty offering, if not most cholesteral-laden. Downside is only one (very good) coffee; refills are charged.

Of course on Sathorn the two best 5-star breakfast offerings would be Sukkhothai hotel (best) and Banyan Tree. Off topic, I know. but FYI.

I tried Ascott Sathorn this morning. 220 Baht, simple, competent buffet with omlettes made to order, etc.., and some asian dishes, including rice soup.

Was it 220 Baht "all-in", or was it 220 Baht ++ ?

Thanks!

Mike

Actually, the hostess initially waived me goodbye, after stamping my parking ticket, assuming I was a resident, and I told her I was not and had to pay. Then, she charged me 170 Baht; came back with the change, and the explanation that 170 Baht is for guests of guests, and that walk-ins had to pay 212 Baht, which sounded odd. I was in a rush and not in the mood to speak to her in Thai to clarify, just assumed she meant 220. All in.

Edited by chinthee

Okay,

Tried the Ascott buffet breakfast today.

Price: 250 Nett.

Pretty typical (bacon, eggs, sausage, potatoes, orange juice, breads and marmalade and cereals) but of good quality.

The roasted potato wedges were very good and a change from the usual hashed browns. Bacon came in 3 varieties: crispy, medium, and soft. However, it lacked saltiness, so I sprinkled some extra salt on it.

Orange juice was nice and with pulpbits. Bread was okay (decent). French toast was horrible, but the pancakes were okay. Muesli cereal was pretty good. Tea was a little bit lukewarm.

Unfortunately, no available newspapers were being given out for customers to read during breakfast.

Very nice modern interior design, and very relaxing for a Sunday morning.