Phuket jogger could be a dollar millionaire after he finds lump of whale vomit!

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Taking an early morning jog along Mai Khao beach could be the best decision of 66 year old Yongyuth's life.

As the sprightly pensioner was skipping over the sands outside Mai Khao Dream hotel he came across a large round object, reported Daily News.

A prod with his finger revealed a smell that was a bit off but he recognised immediately that it could be whale vomit.

That's ambergris a substance much prized in the fragrance industry not for enhancing aroma but prolonging it.

A weigh in of his find revealed it was 19.5 kilograms and at the price of 1.5 million baht a kilo it could be worth almost a million bucks!

He is sending his find colloquially called "uak waan" (vomit of whale) to experts in Phuket to see if it's party time. 

The case is one of several reported by ASEAN NOW in recent years.

asean_now_BB.jpg

Whale vomit, interesting to read that it goes into perfumes to prolong the scent of the female species, personally I prefer ala-natural, slightly off is ok, but no way will allow a women near me after she has had smelly fish as the aroma is enough to kill a whale.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Whale vomit, interesting to read that it goes into perfumes to prolong the scent of the female species, personally I prefer ala-natural, slightly off is ok, but no way will allow a women near me after she has had smelly fish as the aroma is enough to kill a whale.

Oh how wonderful, a smelly fish woman

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I recently walked close to a few foreigners. She probably took this whale vomit thing to personal and took a bath in it instead using the perfume.

They smelled like s....

• Haha 1