SURVEY: What was your reaction to the vaccine?

Scott

SURVEY: What was your reaction to the vaccine?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, johndudorn said:

73 received Moderna, 1st shot no reaction, 2nd had fever and chills about 18hrs after. Lasted about 4hrs then felt fine... Wife 79 had Pfizer no reaction. In the US now not sure about third shot??? 

I have had the two shots and booster in the US.  Moderna is not yet approved for the booster, but should be in a relatively short time.  I suspect they will follow the same guidelines as laid out by Pfizer.  

• Like 1

2 x Az - my arm was a bit sore and stiff for 24 hrs both times, and I was tired, but that might have been nothing to do with the vaccine. 

My husband had 2 x Sinovac, 1 x Pfizer. He felt a bit rough after one of the Sinovac, but I can't remember which one. Slight fever, sore arm and very tired. He slept it off over night.

(Re: allergic reactions. I am allergic to tetanus shots. I still get them when I am due, but I have to stay at the doctor's office until the swelling goes down, and I get the jab in my thigh so the swelling doesn't affect my breathing. It's not pleasant, but it's once every 10 years and it's still better than getting tetanus.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pfizer.  A small bump on the arm but I thought it was a bug bite.  Didn't pay attention.  Second shot, a bit of local soreness in the arm for at worst half a day.  Not as bad as all the shots I had before coming to Thailand in 1977 with the Peace Corps. 

• Like 1

70 yrs had my first shot of Pfizer, bit of a sore arm, but no reaction, I was told not to drink alcohol for 2 days, (only a moderate drinker) so ended up drinking coke both evenings, I had more energy than I'd had in a long time with all that sugar i presume.

• Haha 1

thanks for an interesting survey.

I was surprised by the majority of responses being no reaction. (me too).

I guess when people have no reaction there isn't much to say.

If you have a reaction you have a little bit of a story to tell so it makes a bigger impression.

• Thanks 1

first shot of pfizer , sore thigh muscles and <deleted> muscles, this started after 4 days and lasted around 7-8 days

after 2nd shot, after 12 hours, both thigh muscles were playing up again.

ulrasound scan showed no blood clots so just continued as normal, now all gone

On 9/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, Peterw42 said:

1st AZ, mild fever symptoms on and off for 2-3 days, paracetamol and off to bed. early sore arm 

2nd AZ, no reaction, mild sore arm.

I had about the same but I was rather more wiped out for 3 days with the first dose. I didn’t take anything for the mild fever. I think mild fevers are best to let run. Arm quite sore. The symptoms peaked the day after.

I'm now on the day after my second dose. No fever. Not wiped out. Sore arm but about a third as sore as the first dose.

Frankly I would have been disappointed to not get any side effects. If you have some at least you know it wasn't sugar water!

Speaking of water I was better hydrated BEFORE the second dose than the first dose. Regardless of side effects its a good idea to hydrate before the jabs.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1