SURVEY: What was your reaction to the vaccine?

Scott

SURVEY: What was your reaction to the vaccine?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With a large number of members having been vaccinated, what was your reaction to either the first or 2nd shot?  You must vote in all section.  If you had a mix and match vaccine regime you can vote in both.

For the purposes of the survey, none means no physical effects whatsoever other than maybe a small noticeable soreness at the injection site.   

Mild means a reaction that was noticeable but did not stop or interfere with normal daily activities.  

Moderate means a reaction that was significant enough to either cause you to affect normal activity somewhat.

Severe means symptoms which lasted more than a day or made normal activity very difficult or impossible or caused you to seek medical attention.   

Please feel free to leave a comment.

• Like 1

2x Sinovac in April no reactions at all.

Booster J&J 2 weeks ago.

Fever spiking to 41.5 degrees after 8 hours. A few hours later back down to 38. Next morning all normal again apart from pain between my shoulders for half a day and a lingering sore arm for a few days. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI I had my second Astra Zeneca jab last Saturday (18th Sept.).

After the first jab I had mild symptoms, i.e., sore arm at he injection site and extreme fatigue for 24-36 hours....After that nothing and felt normal.

However, within 20 hours of the second jab i suffered an extreme allergic reaction. it started with swollen lips and spread to my lower face in minutes. I immediately took strong antihistamines on the advice of my Pharmacist which stopped the swelling progressing.

The swelling very gradually went down over the next 4 days and today I am back to normal.

I can't say definitely that the allergic reaction was caused by the vaccine, but I had just gone straight home by car after the jab and ate and drank my normal foods, but as I had stayed indoors I don't think it was caused by an insect bite (I have those plug-in mozzie repellents throughout the house and always keep the windows firmly closed).

I can also relate the story that last week a French guy, who my girlfiend knows, and who had moved to Korat went for his first Janssen jab a few days ago. Within 24 hours he had suffered a similar allergic reaction to mine, but also was having severe breathing difficulties so was rushed to ER. He died the following day.

He was in his late 50s and had undergone heart bypass surgery a few years ago, but was otherwise in good health and still active!

I certainly won't be getting another AZ shot!.....Choose your poison!

• Thanks 1

For me (AZ #1 and #2) my first jab left me feeling a bit like i had a head cold for about 1/2 day or so.. then my arm hurt for about 2 days… but with my #2 AZ jab, there were almost no effects noticeable at all. 

and i agree, a noticeable sense of “relief” was also there ….  more so after #2, but after #1 I felt as if I was finally “moving along” toward being fully vaxed. 

• Like 2

I ended up in the hospital for a week. Almost died. Still recovering 5 months later from an extensive heart procedure. I was, unfortunately, one of the few who should not have taken the vaccine. I would still highly recommend that most people get the vaccine. 

Forgot to add I got the Pfizer vaccine and it was the first shot that did it.

Edited by runamok27
  • Like 1

73 years old,pretty good physical shape but a heart attck 7 years ago.  1st shot AZ at 11 AM,was fine untill 10PM. Got chills,shaking, temperature, muscle ach all over body, head ach. Took 1 tab Nuerofen 400 mg , with cold water, put cold compress on head---felt better went to sleep. Woke at 7:30 AM felt fine.  2nd shot litttle sore at injection site and a little tired the next day.

• Like 1

I had the AstraZeneca jab , I was expecting some reaction, but nothing

at all, zero reaction, same with the wife also AstraZeneca couple of weeks

after me, next jab 28 th September ,It's not like I want a reaction ,but expected

something to happen.

regards Worgeordie

Had my first & second shot of Pfizer and had no reaction at all. Except for a little soreness where they gave me the shot. but other than that, nothing. So I am very happy. thank you USA for donating the Pfizer vaccine, as I did not want to take any of the others that Thailand was offering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

FYI I had my second Astra Zeneca jab last Saturday (18th Sept.).

After the first jab I had mild symptoms, i.e., sore arm at he injection site and extreme fatigue for 24-36 hours....After that nothing and felt normal.

However, within 20 hours of the second jab i suffered an extreme allergic reaction. it started with swollen lips and spread to my lower face in minutes. I immediately took strong antihistamines on the advice of my Pharmacist which stopped the swelling progressing.

The swelling very gradually went down over the next 4 days and today I am back to normal.

I can't say definitely that the allergic reaction was caused by the vaccine, but I had just gone straight home by car after the jab and ate and drank my normal foods, but as I had stayed indoors I don't think it was caused by an insect bite (I have those plug-in mozzie repellents throughout the house and always keep the windows firmly closed).

I can also relate the story that last week a French guy, who my girlfiend knows, and who had moved to Korat went for his first Janssen jab a few days ago. Within 24 hours he had suffered a similar allergic reaction to mine, but also was having severe breathing difficulties so was rushed to ER. He died the following day.

He was in his late 50s and had undergone heart bypass surgery a few years ago, but was otherwise in good health and still active!

I certainly won't be getting another AZ shot!.....Choose your poison!

I'm 77, had my first AZ Jab last month, no side effects at all. Looking forward to my second AZ (hopefully).

65 years old. No reaction to BioNTech/Pfizer.

Busy collecting a load of others that need refreshing like typhus, Jap. enc. B, and other stuff that might come in handy in s.e. Asia. Rabies booster in November.

A little sore in my right arm yesterday, but since I don't know which he put into which arm, I don't know if it was the typhus or the encephalitis ????

Had a dual tetanus/diptheria after an accident last year because my tet was over 10 years old.

Looking for an mRNA Covid booster before heading out to LOS next year.

Can't understand all the childish fuss.

3 hours ago, runamok27 said:

I ended up in the hospital for a week. Almost died. Still recovering 5 months later from an extensive heart procedure. I was, unfortunately, one of the few who should not have taken the vaccine. I would still highly recommend that most people get the vaccine. 

Forgot to add I got the Pfizer vaccine and it was the first shot that did it.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?