Anyone have any trouble with Bkk bank this morning?

Tried to log on this morning to transfer some money and a notice their system down as of last night 10.30 pm until 10.30am this morning. I got no notification or messages. One of the rare times I only have money in this account and not my SCB. As of 12.00 midday their system appears to still be down online and phone app. We came back from holidays yesterday. Lucky wasn't today would have had a problem buying fuel etc on the way back. I can not believe the arrogant attitude. happened at the beginning of covid also. I am definitely moving my main money out of there and into SCB. Absolutely unacceptable. I doubt any other bank in the world would get away with it, particularly without proper notification / prior warning

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Announcement

Friday, September 24, 2021 at 10:30 p.m. - Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.

All Bangkok Bank services will be temporarily unavailable during that time.

We recommend that you plan your financial transactions in advance and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For more information, please call Bualuang Phone 1333 or 0 2645 5555.

Web and app working for me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Announcement

Friday, September 24, 2021 at 10:30 p.m. - Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.

All Bangkok Bank services will be temporarily unavailable during that time.

We recommend that you plan your financial transactions in advance and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For more information, please call Bualuang Phone 1333 or 0 2645 5555.

Web and app working for me.

Logged in, accessed my accounts, but could not transfer any funds. 

Supposedly to be back functioning by 10:30 but there again Thai time, which basically means,,, ???? ???? ???? ????

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

@Kenny202When you said that you noticed their system was down from 10.30 pm yesterday, did you mean from the announcement on their home page, I think that annoucement has been there for a few days?

Yeah I saw it on their web page, only after it was too late of course. Whether its been there or not for a few days is irrelevant as I never go on their website. I do most of my transactions by phone banking app. And that's only sometimes. I mean surely a major shut down of a bank surely prior direct warning should be given, and as of 2pm I still can't transfer money anywhere. The system seems to have came back online about 13.00, sort of....It is now 14.00 and after a lot of trouble driving around looking for an ATM that is working, I can log on but can not transfer to anyone. You talk about always someone else's fault....I got the same no internet connection, and when transferring to another bank "this bank is not available for transfer". Borderline criminal. Wife tried calling the bank all morning and of course no answer. This happened the day the first lockdowns were announced about 18 months ago....I think Bkk bank were offline for 2 days. Same cr#p. I assumed at the time they were worried about a run on the banks.

And be warned, it looks like everyone's online / mobile pins may have been reset (which is different to your ATM pin). Mine was anyway. So guess what! you try and log on too many times with your old number and your account is locked and can only be reinstated at the branch. Who seemingly don't have much of a clue either. Happened to me last time so I was wise enough to go to the ATM and reset my online / mobile PW on the ATM machine before my account was blocked today. Last time it happened the people in the branch were acting like they had never heard of this before, mucked me around for nearly an hour. I kept telling them to call HO but they kept playing with my phone app getting the same message..... need to go to a branch to contact HO to reset / unblock account. Girl kept grabbing my phone off me playing with the app, as if it would suddenly start working....at one stage saw her scrolling through my photos! It looks like you guys have managed to log on again so maybe only me.

I am so totally angry at the arrogance of this organization. One thing I have managed to do is increase my daily transfer limit and as soon as I can transfer again, all but 10000 baht will be transferred to SCB. Its an absolute outrage! I pity people in remote areas who can't easily get to an ATM or branch. 

Edited by Kenny202
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Bank network goes down for pre-planned, pre-announced maintenance like every other bank on the planet and customer has on-line tantrum to audience of complete strangers about this "disaster".  I wonder if the national newspapers will pick up on this major infringement of human rights?

Meanwhile other users paid cash for their petrol as they plan life without undue expectations.

I've been banking for over 50 years in 3 different countries. Never had a bank go dark until this 3rd world Bangkok Bank. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

I've been banking for over 50 years in 3 different countries. Never had a bank go dark until this 3rd world Bangkok Bank. 

Seems you have been extremely lucky or don't bank in the UK.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49412055

I would hardly call a planned, and advised, maintenance that over-runs by a couple of hours 'go dark'. But, maybe. that's just me. 

• Like 2

Seen this thread a bit late.

Yes the maintenance downtime was announced as shown above.

But I find the timing quite "remarkable". Starting on a Friday evening into Saturday morning!

And then not able to finish work as announced.

For comparison KBank or KTB do start late Saturday night and finish Sunday morning.

7 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

In 3rd world country Germany these maintenance breaks existed until the 2000s.

During my time at university and at a major German tech company there even was a weekly maintenance break up to the 1990s. Dinosaur (Cobol) machines needed some cleanup :biggrin:

But indeed I can not remember having seen for the last 10 years or so.

And as written other Thai banks also have these maintenance breaks.

KTB just until this morning. KBank from time to time.

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

Seems you have been extremely lucky or don't bank in the UK.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49412055

I would hardly call a planned, and advised, maintenance that over-runs by a couple of hours 'go dark'. But, maybe. that's just me. 

Advised how? If you go to their website? Which I never do. They were off the air for nearly 17 hours

2 hours ago, dddave said:

The PIN number problem seems to be with Debit card ATM PIN, not the PIN for the BKB ap.

For me I was able to access ATM, but website and phone app both said my password was outdated or words to that effect and to contact the branch. Lucky I was able to do it at the ATM

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Advised how? If you go to their website? Which I never do. They were off the air for nearly 17 hours

As other posters have noted, advice of the maintenance was on both their App and website. I personally saw the notice on their App about a week or so back. Rather hard to miss. Their website indicates the date of the notice as 13th September, so plenty of notice to regular users.

As for the downtime. No idea when they came back 'live' but I logged onto the App before 2pm yesterday with no problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, dabhand said:

As other posters have noted, advice of the maintenance was on both their App and website. I personally saw the notice on their App about a week or so back. Rather hard to miss. Their website indicates the date of the notice as 13th September, so plenty of notice to regular users.

As for the downtime. No idea when they came back 'live' but I logged onto the App before 2pm yesterday with no problem. 

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

What do you mean on their app? So you gotta log into the app or go onto their website to get notification? Great. I get an email or SMS from my other banks. And yes you could log on at 14.00, but you couldnt do anything

Yes, via their app. A notice came up. I have a number of UK banks that send me SMS's when banking with them. None of them send me emails or SMS's when maintenance is planned. It is always when logging onto their apps or website. 

When I logged on yesterday I was able to make a transaction. So your comment is not correct.

27 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Yes, via their app. A notice came up. I have a number of UK banks that send me SMS's when banking with them. None of them send me emails or SMS's when maintenance is planned. It is always when logging onto their apps or website. 

When I logged on yesterday I was able to make a transaction. So your comment is not correct.

Absolute rubbish. If that is your expectation from a bank ....and yes my expectations lowered on just about everything the day I arrived here. This is a major bank for god sake. Notification or not, at the least they were meant to be back online 10.30am Saturday. I think I was finally able to do a transfer at 4pm, after making a trip to the ATM to sort my online / phone app password out. And as I noted this isn't the first time. If that is within your expectations good for you. In any case they can do what they like in the future. First thing I did when I got back online was raise my daily limit to a million baht and transferred the lot out 

• Haha 2

On 9/25/2021 at 12:07 PM, Kenny202 said:

I doubt any other bank in the world would get away with it, particularly without proper notification / prior warning

As others have said, notification was posted in advance on the phone app.

Many Thais only use the phone apps for their banking, card less cash withdrawals from ATMs, payment by QR code, transfers, you really need to move with the times.

I run two bank accounts, BKB and TMB, transfers between them on the phone app.

Best not to have all your money locked in one bank.

I suspect SCB will be just the same as BKB.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, Kenny202 said:

Yeah I saw it on their web page, only after it was too late of course. Whether its been there or not for a few days is irrelevant as I never go on their website. I do most of my transactions by phone banking app. And that's only sometimes. I mean surely a major shut down of a bank surely prior direct warning should be given, and as of 2pm I still can't transfer money anywhere. The system seems to have came back online about 13.00, sort of....It is now 14.00 and after a lot of trouble driving around looking for an ATM that is working, I can log on but can not transfer to anyone. You talk about always someone else's fault....I got the same no internet connection, and when transferring to another bank "this bank is not available for transfer". Borderline criminal. Wife tried calling the bank all morning and of course no answer. This happened the day the first lockdowns were announced about 18 months ago....I think Bkk bank were offline for 2 days. Same cr#p. I assumed at the time they were worried about a run on the banks.

And be warned, it looks like everyone's online / mobile pins may have been reset (which is different to your ATM pin). Mine was anyway. So guess what! you try and log on too many times with your old number and your account is locked and can only be reinstated at the branch. Who seemingly don't have much of a clue either. Happened to me last time so I was wise enough to go to the ATM and reset my online / mobile PW on the ATM machine before my account was blocked today. Last time it happened the people in the branch were acting like they had never heard of this before, mucked me around for nearly an hour. I kept telling them to call HO but they kept playing with my phone app getting the same message..... need to go to a branch to contact HO to reset / unblock account. Girl kept grabbing my phone off me playing with the app, as if it would suddenly start working....at one stage saw her scrolling through my photos! It looks like you guys have managed to log on again so maybe only me.

I am so totally angry at the arrogance of this organization. One thing I have managed to do is increase my daily transfer limit and as soon as I can transfer again, all but 10000 baht will be transferred to SCB. Its an absolute outrage! I pity people in remote areas who can't easily get to an ATM or branch. 

And then there is me who has had a Bangkok bank account without a problem for almost 25 years.

• Like 1

One has to wonder if the Bangkok Bank is in serious trouble. 

Some of the branches are filthy, with worn out furniture and broken Foreign Exchange boards, etc. And as for the ATMs, they're old and disgusting. They must be the worst out there. It's almost as if they've given up. 

There are no second chances to make a first impression, but sadly, good impressions and reputation don't seem to be high on the bank's priority list. 

3 hours ago, dabhand said:

For those who may need advance warning of Bangkok Bank mobile unavailability, have just seen a warning that Mobile Banking will be temporarily unavailable on Saturday 16th October from 02.00 to 07.00.

Of course, always possible of over-runs by a couple of hours or so. 

Forewarned is forearmed........... 

That's scandalous - what if the OP needs fuel? ????

• Haha 1