You, at the "pearly gate".

swissie

I would told them to remove Knowledge about the farming and the wheel and bring us back when it was only one million people on the planet earth.  That's when the man was a man, still had his beer, and was a free man,  A proud hunter and a worrier with a short lifespan if lucky you died before you reached in the sad state as an old grumpy one. 

And I believe it was more woman than men back then, since men still did stupid things and died early

This is a no brainer........ban all religions...... especially ones that get you to believe there are pearly gates somewhere.

Whoops...just read this has already been suggested.

Edited by Will B Good

23 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

This is a no brainer........ban all religions...... especially ones that get you to believe there are pearly gates somewhere.

Whoops...just read this has already been suggested.

I don't think that sort of attitude is going to help you get in.

Regardless of whether you believe that there are such gates, when we arrive there, I am sure that we will all be as keen as the next man to get in - especially if my theory about the fiery back gates for letting in slappers and tarts is true...

• Haha 1

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

I don't think that sort of attitude is going to help you get in.

Regardless of whether you believe that there are such gates, when we arrive there, I am sure that we will all be as keen as the next man to get in - especially if my theory about the fiery back gates for letting in slappers and tarts is true...

Oh believe me....on my death bed I expect a rapid conversion and sudden, total belief in God.

And remember, no man ever lay on his death bed and shout.......... Oh Lord.......I wish I had never slept with so many women.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Oh believe me....on my death bed I expect a rapid conversion and sudden, total belief in God.

And remember, no man ever lay on his death bed and shout.......... Oh Lord.......I wish I had never slept with so many women.

Which GOD?

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Which GOD?

I think most people cry out to the god of their earlier education.  I don't know, having never sat with anyone in their death throes.  
I don't think that the last-minute mortal pleas of the dearly-departing have any relevance to the existence of a God or not, but they may have some bearing on their entry through the pearly gates, should He exist.

There's a fair point about which god, but I am sure They all have guidelines on cross-acceptance.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:11 AM, wannascuba said:

There are no atheists in foxholes!

After a while, there will be only atheists left in Foxholes. As everyone was praying to be spared, only to realise, that all the praying comrades weren't spared of being blown to pieces by grenades. Therefore, a foxhole is a good place to produce atheists.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swissie said:

After a while, there will be only atheists left in Foxholes. As everyone was praying to be spared, only to realise, that all the praying comrades weren't spared of being blown to pieces by grenades. Therefore, a foxhole is a good place to produce atheists.

Faith in God won't save you from being blown to pieces, but it might save you from eternal damnation afterwards

• Like 1

13 hours ago, swissie said:

What you say can make perfect sense......If you have never been in a foxhole. I have been one of the few and very luckily to be spared over many instances! If you have been in a near Death / Combat experience, then I respect your opinion. But I will continue to practice my faith regardelss, thank you for your comment and perspective, it has merit. 

Edited by wannascuba

On 9/26/2021 at 4:33 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I know this is a "tongue in cheek" thread, but if I may put a serious thought to it, I'd limit every woman to a maximum of 3 eggs, which would ensure the planet could probably never be over run with environment destroying, polluting, war making humans.

Exactly, those damn women. How have they been getting away with it?

On 10/8/2021 at 2:10 AM, StreetCowboy said:

Faith in God won't save you from being blown to pieces, but it might save you from eternal damnation afterwards

What would "etrnal damnation" mean? What could we possibly have done wrong? "God" having created us and eqipped us with the ability to do all kinds of "bad things". And then we would be "judged" when we have done "bad things" as part of the "creation-software" that was implanted into our existence from the very beginning. The God(s) must have a strange sense of humor.

Next to the "main Religions", literally 10 thousands of "sects" have evolved. When the time comes, great confusion. "Where is my "pearly gate" that fits my religious believe?

Certainly not wanting to start another "religious discussion" here. We have that already in another thread. But as I have asked "what could heavenly powers" do to improve the live of their "children" on earth, amazingly little meaningful suggestions have emerged here so far.

If that should be an indication of the conviction, that no "heavenly power" nor ourselfes have the ability to improve the live of a majority of earthlings, then we are in dire straits.

Eighter we come to our senses or we need another set of brand new "God(s)". Amen.

• Sad 1