Retirement extension CW

There have been reports of CW allowing the combination option to apply apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

If using transfers into a Thai bank for proof of income you will need 12 months of transfers unless it is the first extension application after being out of the country for some time.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Reading through the first reply I would take it that the savings would have to be ib excess of 400,000 as that is the figure to be maintained after the 3 month period.

No that doesn't apply. It works on a pro rata basis. If, for example, the capital sum is 500,000 THB, then after 3 months it can be drawn down to 250,000 THB. At least that's what they told me in Sakon Nakhon!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Reading through the first reply I would take it that the savings would have to be ib excess of 400,000 as that is the figure to be maintained after the 3 month period.

At most offices you only need to keep half of the money in the bank 3 months after applying for the extension.

Note: I removed a post deleted by the poster and a reply to it.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

There have been reports of CW allowing the combination option to apply apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

If using transfers into a Thai bank for proof of income you will need 12 months of transfers unless it is the first extension application after being out of the country for some time.

So joe , say I had 500,000 baht in bank how much income would I need to show for retirement extension 

also does pension payment need to come direct from government to thai bank or I can take from my bank in oz every month and transfer via Ozforex  to thai bank ? 

12 minutes ago, jphunt46 said:

So joe , say I had 500,000 baht in bank how much income would I need to show for retirement extension 

also does pension payment need to come direct from government to thai bank or I can take from my bank in oz every month and transfer via Ozforex  to thai bank ? 

Since that's 5/8 of the required deposit, I would presume you need 3/8 of the monthly requirement, or ฿24,375.

11 minutes ago, jphunt46 said:

You would need at least 12 months of 25k baht of transfers into a Thai bank for abroad to reach a total of 800k baht when combined with 500k baht in the bank for 2 months.

It does not matter how the money is transferred from abroad into a bank. But you can be asked for proof of the source of your income,

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Since that's 5/8 of the required deposit, I would presume you need 3/8 of the monthly requirement, or ฿24,375.

It is is easy to calculate. Just subtract 500k bhat from 800k baht that is 300k baht and divide it by 12.

• Thanks 1