OP-ED: England’s unfriendly travel regulations

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When was that withdrawn ?

Not sure exactly it was the Non-Immigrant Category "O" Visa on the basis of being a UK State Pensioner (65+) (Special Tourist Visa or STV) the only requirement was that you or your spouse were on UK state pension I looked over a month ago and saw the statement revoking it on the Thai Embassy website.  The Thai Consulate is closed in Hull but the consulate website still says it exists probably has been forgotten about and the webpage hasn't been updated. I am going to email tyhe embassy to clarify

Special Tourist Visa (STV) will not be extended after 30 September 2021. - Royal Thai Embassy, London

I think I will email the embassy for clarification

• Sad 1

Complain to the UK Embassy in Thailand and ask the embassy why they endorsed their citizens to get Thai Vaccines when these vaccines are then not recognised by the UK Government. It is a question that I would like the UK Embassy to answer. 

I'm pretty confident that the locally issued vaccines are administered correctly as the medical staff are competent, so the only issue that should concern the UK Government would be the risk that "fake vaccine certificates" might be manufactured and sold here. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Apart from severe fuel shortages due to not enough lorry drivers (thanks to Brexit), supermarkets with empty shelves, food prices up by over 10% and rising.  The furlough scheme will be ending soon with a large number of people then becoming unemployed.  Not to mention over a million job vacancies which aren't being filled.  Then the government offers 3 month visas to European lorry drivers to come and help with the shortages but nobody is coming.  Why would they when they were thrown out before.

The Northern Ireland protocol is in serious danger of collapsing and the USA refusing any trade deals because of it.  This week a government spokesman advised people buy now for Christmas as there will be shortages of everything including toys for the kids.  Every day energy companies go bust leaving millions looking for new suppliers.  The cost of fuel is rising out of all proportion and that will mean prices will keep on rising. 

So, yes nothing to worry about in Blighty, unless of course, you live here.

Dear, dear.

You should get out more.

It's not good to spend your day in front of the TV. Get some fresh air.

There are Europe wide shortages of lorry drivers. In fact, i believe it is a global issue.

We have just come through a global pandemic and supply chains are restarting, hence the reasons for a lot of shortages and the increased cost of shipping goods.

Things like toys coming from China etc.

Last week, Nike announced major delays due to pandemic related factory closures in Vietnam.

There is no fuel shortage in the UK and you know it.

There are a lot of headless chickens driving around filling up their cars when they don't need to.

Same herd instinct that emptyed the supermarkets of toilet rolls and eggs at the start of the pandemic.

It just takes a bunch of clowns on social media to start the rumours and the simple minded press the panic button.

The energy companies going bust was because they did not hedge their pricing when global gas shortages led to a steep increase in wholesale gas prices.

Their problem for bad business.

Their customers, however, get moved automatically to new suppliers at no expense.

Once again TVF's resident economists can be relied upon to print total inaccuracies.

11 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Dear, dear.

You should get out more.

It's not good to spend your day in front of the TV. Get some fresh air.

There are Europe wide shortages of lorry drivers. In fact, i believe it is a global issue.

We have just come through a global pandemic and supply chains are restarting, hence the reasons for a lot of shortages and the increased cost of shipping goods.

Things like toys coming from China etc.

Last week, Nike announced major delays due to pandemic related factory closures in Vietnam.

There is no fuel shortage in the UK and you know it.

There are a lot of headless chickens driving around filling up their cars when they don't need to.

Same herd instinct that emptyed the supermarkets of toilet rolls and eggs at the start of the pandemic.

It just takes a bunch of clowns on social media to start the rumours and the simple minded press the panic button.

The energy companies going bust was because they did not hedge their pricing when global gas shortages led to a steep increase in wholesale gas prices.

Their problem for bad business.

Their customers, however, get moved automatically to new suppliers at no expense.

Once again TVF's resident economists can be relied upon to print total inaccuracies.

The fuel shortages are due to there not being drivers to delivery it.  That is what I said. The government have the army on standby to step in.  And yes people are panicking and needlessly filling up when Schapps and Johnson have told them there is no shortage of fuel.  Problem with that is due to past to past record, NOBODY believes them.  

My son goes to college and they are now only serving sandwiches in the school canteen rather than the usual cooked meals due to the suppliers being unable to deliver the food supplies.  In my local Waitrose there is no frozen food due to no deliveries and the fresh food shelves are heavily depleted.  Been like that for nearly a month now.  Same story in Tesco and Sainsbury's.  

I don't have time to sit around much watching TV as I run my own business, which I moved to the Netherlands last year.  I still run it from the UK until my son finishes his education.  It's an import/export sort of business and I have no problem whatsoever with trucks and transport over there, are anywhere else in Europe.

As for the personal insult at the beginning of your post... I guess that tells us all we need to know about you

39 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The fuel shortages are due to there not being drivers to delivery it.  That is what I said. The government have the army on standby to step in.  And yes people are panicking and needlessly filling up when Schapps and Johnson have told them there is no shortage of fuel.  Problem with that is due to past to past record, NOBODY believes them.  

My son goes to college and they are now only serving sandwiches in the school canteen rather than the usual cooked meals due to the suppliers being unable to deliver the food supplies.  In my local Waitrose there is no frozen food due to no deliveries and the fresh food shelves are heavily depleted.  Been like that for nearly a month now.  Same story in Tesco and Sainsbury's.  

I don't have time to sit around much watching TV as I run my own business, which I moved to the Netherlands last year.  I still run it from the UK until my son finishes his education.  It's an import/export sort of business and I have no problem whatsoever with trucks and transport over there, are anywhere else in Europe.

As for the personal insult at the beginning of your post... I guess that tells us all we need to know about you

The fuel association is saying the ridiculous panic buying is beginning to ease.

https://www.politico.eu/article/europes-looming-truck-driver-shortage-trucker-haulier-brexit-hgv/

This article begs to differ from you about EU driver shortages.

I notice my dismantling of your comments about the gas companies going bust went unanswered.

As did the global supply chains issues that everyone is facing.

A pity your son couldn't take himself off to the nearest KFC so the poor lad doesn't starve.

You sound like the stereotypical remainer complaining that every issue is blamed on Brexit.

Going by the apocalyptic vision you are trying to conjure, you would think the remoaning Labour Party would be ahead in the opinion polls and a few people might actually know who Kier Strarmer is.

Anything else you fancy having a moan about?

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

2 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

The fuel association is saying the ridiculous panic buying is beginning to ease.

https://www.politico.eu/article/europes-looming-truck-driver-shortage-trucker-haulier-brexit-hgv/

This article begs to differ from you about EU driver shortages.

I notice my dismantling of your comments about the gas companies going bust went unanswered.

As did the global supply chains issues that everyone is facing.

A pity your son couldn't take himself off to the nearest KFC so the poor lad doesn't starve.

You sound like the stereotypical <deleted> complaining that every issue is blamed on Brexit.

Going by the apocalyptic vision you are trying to conjure, you would think the remoaning Labour Party would be ahead in the opinion polls and a few people might actually know who Kier Strarmer is.

Anything else you fancy a moan about?

Clearly a waste of time corresponding with someone who has to resort to personal insults.  Quite pathetic really

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Clearly a waste of time corresponding with someone who has to resort to personal insults.  Quite pathetic really

I think your being very touchy and looking to take offense.

I voted to remain in the EU and have no doubt it has created extra layers of bureaucracy.

If you live in NI i would think this would be amplified.

However, we are where we are and have to work are way through it.

I wish you, your family and business all the best for the future and hope we can have hastle free travel to Thailand as soon as possible.

12 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

so the only issue that should concern the UK Government would be the risk that "fake vaccine certificates" might be manufactured and sold here. 

Have you seen the US one, I could fake that myself :+}

On 9/29/2021 at 9:44 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

When was that withdrawn ?

On 9/29/2021 at 10:35 AM, RobU said:

Not sure exactly it was the Non-Immigrant Category "O" Visa on the basis of being a UK State Pensioner (65+) (Special Tourist Visa or STV) the only requirement was that you or your spouse were on UK state pension I looked over a month ago and saw the statement revoking it on the Thai Embassy website.  The Thai Consulate is closed in Hull but the consulate website still says it exists probably has been forgotten about and the webpage hasn't been updated. I am going to email tyhe embassy to clarify

Special Tourist Visa (STV) will not be extended after 30 September 2021. - Royal Thai Embassy, London

I think I will email the embassy for clarification

Clarification from the UK Thai Embassy

• Non-Immigrant Type O (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)
  • Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which has insurance money for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht. Please check < http://longstay.tgia.org> for more information regarding the insurance requirement 
  • Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of a 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or a 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

In part I was wrong they have changed the name but there is now no mention of being able to extend as there used to be.