OP-ED: England’s unfriendly travel regulations

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Do you have a source for your claim that there are other ingredients used?

According to the AZ statement:

Q: Can I travel with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that has been manufactured in Thailand?

A: COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that is made in Thailand is of the same quality as AstraZeneca's vaccine made in Europe, Korea, Japan, Australia, and elsewhere

https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-release/travelling-with-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-made-in-thailand.html

I don't think it is anything to do with AZ vaccine per se I think it has much more to do with honesty and clarity both of which are on the endangered list where Thailand is concerned...

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It seems unbelievable that England has put in place a discriminatory policy that refuses to accept COVID-19 jabs given in countries in Latin American, Africa and South and Southeast Asia.

no they haven't - these countries including Thailand are on red list, until that changes then it matters not a jot, until Thailand status changes then it doesn't matter what vaccine you have or where you got it  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mark131v said:

I don't think it is anything to do with AZ vaccine per se I think it has much more to do with honesty and clarity both of which are on the endangered list where Thailand is concerned...

Clear. If Thai officials stupidly declare that they did not intend to inject full doses or in other unapproved areas of the body is one thing.

But the claim that other ingredients are used by AZ Thailand is a damaging claim.

I am currently fighting with the EU authorities for the EU-wide recognition of the AZ vaccine made in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Clear. If Thai officials stupidly declare that they did not intend to inject full doses or in other unapproved areas of the body is one thing.

But the claim that other ingredients are used by AZ Thailand is a damaging claim.

I am currently fighting with the EU authorities for the EU-wide recognition of the AZ vaccine made in Thailand.

Good luck with that and totally understand 

but it is not about the vaccine or where you got it - well at least in the UK

If you came to Thailand fully vaccinated in the UK and went home now - it doesn't matter that you got your vaccine in the UK - you still have to quarantine

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Think it shows UK doesn't believe a word that Thailand says and how genuine their vaccine certificates are?

Maybe I'm missing something, as a UK citizen do i have to do  quarantine when i arrive in Thailand?

Is there other hoops to jump through when entering Thailand?

Thought so.

Because the UK has one of the worst death and infection rates in the world but arrivals from the UK who are fully vaccinated do not need to do hotel or self quarantine..

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Because the UK has one of the worst death and infection rates in the world but arrivals from the UK who are fully vaccinated do not need to do hotel or self quarantine..

UK citizens or permanent residents (along with anybody else) arriving in the UK from a country on the 'Red List' are required to hotel quarantine regardless of their vaccination status.   Hence those from the UK currently doing the Phuket Sandbox (having been fully vaccinated in the UK) will have to hotel quarantine on their return.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The new policy is affecting hundreds of Thai families, whose children are going to study in England’s schools and universities. They have to undergo 10 days of quarantine, even though they have been fully vaccinated.

School / Uni terms started weeks ago, so no-one traveling now is going back to study, unless they've bunked off for the first 4 weeks.

Plus, prior to going on Red List, kids from Thailand under 18 didn't even have to self-isolate if they could claim to be residing in UK (which would be the case if in full-time education). Plus if they can afford private education in UK, then these families should be able to afford quarantine. It was obvious that Thailand was highly likely to go on red list and in fact amazing that it didn't go before it did.

I feel sorry for them, sure, and UK needs to re-visit its travel restrictions, but boy, so does Thailand.

• Like 1

When is the Next UK government travel announcement?

Hope this is true...Following the update on Friday, September 17 that set out a wholesale update to the UK system by scrapping the traffic-light system, the next Update is expected to be around October 7 or 8.

The Transport secretary told the Transport Select Committee on September 22 that the travel-list reviews would keep to the same Three-weekly timetable as before.....