Call out to Smokin' Joe

jazzdog32095

The gf and I took our late afternoon beach cruise today down along Jomtien beach. We decide to find a new place to eat having grown accustomed to every place around Soi 5 and Cozy Beach where we live. We head up #2, nothing and all the way up to the turn-around and back down beach road. The few places open looked suspect all the way back to WS. Ok, so we check out the Kow. We go down, nothing, then remember  Smokin' Joes our go to a few years back. Soi Lengkee was quite dark but there it was open but no customers. To be honest Joe's had been going downhill for years but this occasion was great. New owner, Joe, really ''Joe'', nice guy. It had gotten to the place back then there would always be three or four double tables of loud obnoxious farang with a team of tattoo victims in tow all wasted speaking over each other. Had a last time experience, Hasta Luego Joe. This evening was ideal, quiet, great ribs and pulled pork and no drunks stumbling around. What a prize to reconnect. Good luck to the new director Joe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

I wish you could explain how to get there if you are driving in a car. Plus, I and most people won't know the names for the Soi's. You could say it is just after Soi 10 or something like that.

Heading north on soi buakhao from S Pattaya road turn right on Lengkee. at 7-11, opposite corner Subway, Joes is down about 150m on the left. You pass LK metro you've gone too far. Off of #2 go down 13, Soi Diane, new tower Edge on south corner. Cross buakhao it becomes Lengkee. Easy here, lived years in Costa Rica and dealt with directions like go 300m to where the brown dog lives then right 50m then up a hill.

49 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

I wish you could explain how to get there if you are driving in a car. Plus, I and most people won't know the names for the Soi's. You could say it is just after Soi 10 or something like that.

w

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, jazzdog32095 said:

Heading north on soi buakhao from S Pattaya road turn right on Lengkee. at 7-11, opposite corner Subway, Joes is down about 150m on the left. You pass LK metro you've gone too far. Off of #2 go down 13, Soi Diane, new tower Edge on south corner. Cross buakhao it becomes Lengkee. Easy here, lived years in Costa Rica and dealt with directions like go 300m to where the brown dog lives then right 50m then up a hill.

w

Thanks, I can get there now.

On 10/2/2021 at 7:58 PM, jazzdog32095 said:

Another good one is Patricks on the corner #2 and soi Diane in the shops behind KISS. Been here in biz like 29 years, got it down. more $$ but worth it.

I do hope Patrick's can stay in the game.  

Edited by Leaver