Entry to Thailand confusion

I am currently investigating the options for a friend in the UK

1) can you get a VOE on entry after the 1 October ?? When arriving in Thailand 

2) do you have to obtain a tourist visa from the London embassy before applying for a COE ?

3) what is required to satisfy a VOE entry as far as quarantine goes

i have looked but to me it is not clear

any help would be appreciated

regards

Assuming by VOE you mean visa exempt.

1 Yes

2 Depends, he could travel visa exempt, if he intends getting a visa he can do so simultaneously.

3 Quarantine is vaccination status dependent not visa (7 days if vaccinated, 10 if not).

If by VOE you mean visa on arrival then it's not available at the moment (and not relevant unless the person in the UK isn't British and holds a passport from one of the countries that it is relevant to).

Edited by Salerno

Visa Exempt entry is for people from countries such as the UK, USA, Australia, France, Germany, etc.

Visa on Arrival (VOA) is for citizens of countries such as India, Pakistan, etc.

The VOA gives 15 days on entry, costs 2,000 baht and was stopped when Covid erupted, may be restarted soon (maybe!!).

There is no such thing as 'Visa on Entry'.

1 hour ago, oporhatch said:

I did mean visa on entry, to which I thought it had been stopped until 30 th sept but that might change 1 October….

thanks for responding 

Thanks for clarifying; sorry but haven't seen any announcement (same with the visa exempt extension to 30 September). Given their is still quarantine, although reduced, IMO can't see them changing the current situation for either of them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Visa on arrival can be extended?

Visa exempt, yes - 30 days (60 day covid extensions are still available too).

Visa on arrival, yes - 7 days (but as yet, still suspended).

Edited by Salerno

11 minutes ago, oporhatch said:

I went through the COE process for the visa options and an option is medium tourist visa… any ideas , is that a 60 day or 90 day visa obtained from the Thai London embassy??

Tourist visa is 60 days. Multi Entry Tourist visas are suspended.  I seem to remember seeing somewhere on here that the Special Tourist Visa (STV) had been extended beyond 30 September - that is 90 days and extendable, I think by a further 90 days twice. There are hoops to jump through though - research STV.

The Thai Embassy in London does not appear to have taken account of this very recent change yet and still say the STV will not be extended beyong 30 September.  I think they simply haven't updated their website yet.  There are several reports that the Thai cabinet has approved an extension until September 2022.

Edited by KhaoYai