Travel to another city?

problemfarang

Hi guys,

i have friends coming from nakhon si thammarat and from udon thani. But yesterday they told me they might not come because of travel restrictions. they will check They already got 1 or 2 doses for covid.

I was wondering if there are any restrictions from these 2 cities to travel to bangkok.

thanks

Depends on the restrictions in place where you are and where they come from.

It may not be leaving thats the problem but what happens when they try to go baxk.

My advice, check with local amphur office either end of the journey and find out what the current situation is and what if anything is required, then you have it from the horses mouth, not gossip  etc.

• Like 1

I cannot answer your specific question. I have been travelling in the North daily for the past three weeks. We started our journey from BKK.

We are currently in Phrae on our way back to BKK for my second vaccine. We have passed a total of 5 checkpoints the entire time in the North. We were stopped at one in Mae Hong Song where we were registered and given a dense code to place on our dashboard. No questions no follow up. The hotels have a rather strict procedure they follow but never any real pinch points. Almost freewheeling. I am surprised it was so easy. All of us had at least 1 vaccine and we bought Covid tests at a pharmacy in Pai just in case we needed back up. The test in Pai cost 280 baht per test. Cheap insurance. I hope it is the same in the south.

Edited by RayOday
  • Like 1

if they travel by private, there should be no problem. Don't tell anybody about travel, they will watch you and possibly report.

It's public transport which might require check ups. Airlines now do require covid tests.

There is nowhere you can't travel pretty freely. I think the last time it was just at songkran when there were active checkpoints and cheap on spot pcr testing. Yes, there is still curfew.

Do register your inter provincial travel on an application. Has to be done on the day.

Do get mor prompt application for checking in and out. Also shows vax certificate only after the 2nd shot, but get any papers available from the 1st shot (even if it's appointment confirming sms, mail, letter).

Do carry atk tests - bought in bulk they are cheap. I just got myself 25 tests for some 2k, named Lepu.  At 80b per piece you can afford to get one even every few days, when requested by any authorities. You got results in 15 minutes. They should have to accept it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Slight off topic, If you have had 2 jabs, do you get an actual paper cert. or does it have to be on a phone app. more prompt thanks in advance. (i hate apps)

A couple of weeks ago I flew back to Chiang Rai from Bangkok.  I was vaccinated in the US so all I had was a paper certificate and it was accepted at check in and upon arrival.

10 minutes ago, Almer said:

All these does and don’t can and can’t leaves one old timer confused, so, can I drive from Khon Kaen  to Bkk and back assuming flood water allows, are there requirements? 

Catch the train.

just as a data point, i took a car service to buriram from bkk on the 17th of sept.  passed through one checkpoint and was not stopped.  i did do a RT-PCR test in bkk before i left in case i was asked along the way.  i stayed in a hotel in buriram and they required proof of vaccination (double vaxxed).  i flew back, buriram to bkk, with nok air.  there were zero extra requirements for that flight.  so i think headed to bkk via air is fairly straightforward.  as one member noted, it is going back that could be tricky. 

yes, after the 2nd shot you should get paper certificate.

You should note your registration number, if you lose this certificate.

Just in case I would download mor prompt application, activate it using this number and your mobile phone number.

It will show your certificate, which you can screen shot, save as a picture, forward to your email or even to your wife (just if she will need it for some purpose - for example when you are taking ill for side effects or hospital or authorities need it in some situation).

After that you can hide this application or even remove it completely from your smartphone. 

But it's always good to have some info in digital form. 

pcr and atk tests, antibody tests can be automatically added there, as well as record of illness from covid. That would allow you to travel without having to show several papers, certificates.

3 hours ago, Almer said:

All these does and don’t can and can’t leaves one old timer confused, so, can I drive from Khon Kaen  to Bkk and back assuming flood water allows, are there requirements? 

Yes, you can. 

I drove:

BKK to KK 2 days ago. No checkpoints. 

KK to BKK yesterday. No checkpoints. 

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Slight off topic, If you have had 2 jabs, do you get an actual paper cert. or does it have to be on a phone app. more prompt thanks in advance. (i hate apps)

You get a paper cert - and can chose to have the phone app (makes life easier)

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

yes, after the 2nd shot you should get paper certificate.

You should note your registration number, if you lose this certificate.

Just in case I would download mor prompt application, activate it using this number and your mobile phone number.

It will show your certificate, which you can screen shot, save as a picture, forward to your email or even to your wife (just if she will need it for some purpose - for example when you are taking ill for side effects or hospital or authorities need it in some situation).

After that you can hide this application or even remove it completely from your smartphone. 

But it's always good to have some info in digital form. 

pcr and atk tests, antibody tests can be automatically added there, as well as record of illness from covid. That would allow you to travel without having to show several papers, certificates.

hi, 

i was wondering how did you activate your Mor-prompt app? i have my number but the thing is to register that app i need a thai citizen id number. Because when the app starts its asking my id number and password. You cannot register it with your passport ID

so my id number is my vaccine number and password is my phone number?

Edited by problemfarang

1 minute ago, problemfarang said:

hi, 

i was wondering how did you activate your Mor-prompt app? i have my number but the thing is to register that app i need a thai citizen id number. Because when the app starts its asking my id number and password. You cannot register it with your passport ID

I did write: "activate it using this number and your mobile phone number."

this 14 digit number starting with 6000 is your id, and your pass is your phone number

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

this 14 digit number starting with 6000 is your id, and your pass is your phone number

thanks

WOW it worked

Edited by problemfarang

Answer No. 

I travel from khon kaen Nan province Phrae chian rai Chiangmai and back there was only one stop we just pulled in and went back out. 

And flew from Bkk to Kk yesterday. 

Edited by arick

3 hours ago, arick said:

Answer No. 

I travel from khon kaen Nan province Phrae chian rai Chiangmai and back there was only one stop we just pulled in and went back out. 

And flew from Bkk to Kk yesterday. 

what airline did you fly ?  and what did you need ?  proof of vaccination ?  negative covid test ?

17 hours ago, internationalism said:

In fact it is a 13 digit number starting 600000 it is shown on the paper cert as your ID number just download mor prom app put in the number and your phone number the app does the rest once your registered is easily the simplist Thai app I have ever used. 

3 hours ago, buick said:

what airline did you fly ?  and what did you need ?  proof of vaccination ?  negative covid test ?

Call Thai Smile and find out!  Why would you need a test when there are no restrictions on traveling