CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY for Phuket Sandbox issued for October 2021

I have got COE for Phuket Sandbox for 14 Nights travelling on 4 October 2021. I understand Government have now reduced Sandbox stay to 7 Nights for fully vaccinated person which applies to me. How do I reduce stay to 7 Nights and get COE ? Will I get refund for PCR Tests paid ? Am in London now.  Any one expert please advice. Many thanks in advance.

From https://www.thailandpsas.com/

Refund Policy

COE - Rejection : The refund process will start immediately after we receive the rejection email from the embassy. Duplicate booking / incorrectly inputted data such as wrong departure date: The refund process will start after the arrival day in Phuket.

Cancellation due to other reasons: The refund process will start from the last SWAB was due.

29 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Hard to see hotel giving up easy money…

their argument will be you were willing to stay and pay for 14 days….you should feel happy you only have to stay 7 days…that money is now water under the bridge…that was the policy when you applied and accepted it….move along foolish boy

I see your point.. , but the argument will not be like this.. It will be.. " I booked 14 days since it was mandatory to do so under the law. Now the law has changed and it now says 7 days. I intend to use the new law which is grandfathered as well.". 

Its not a problem really.. However.. The sole reason must be to rent a house or return to your own home earlier or in the case of few.. Travel on to another province, but then you would have to prove that booking first.

We arrive ourselves in Phuket on October 5th from Los Angeles. I have already contacted our hotel in Patong who immediately issued a refund for 7 days and sent a new SHA Plus hotel confirmation with the new dates (7 nights) reflected. A new COE is not needed as long as your original one was issues before Sep 28th. Not sure what your deal is - Have you contacted the hotel? The plan for refunding COVID test fees is still being finalized - I am on the Elite Visa, so those are reimbursed already, but it would be nice for my Thai Spouse's to be refunded if only need one or two tests - I think the deal is that they have to rework how many tests and on what days they are going to be doing them - I have a sneaky suspicion they may find a way to keep it at 3 tests over the 7 days - I hope not - those tests are not my idea of a fun experience - we shall see. 

Hope it works out for you - 

Cheers - 

• Like 2

OP - download your COE again the day before you travel. I've heard nothing from the embassy just I've just done mine and the boxes "Condition of Stay" have been removed and so I'm assuming that means I will only need to do 7 days + 2 tests.

Whether I'll get a refund is an unknown.

13 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Hard to see hotel giving up easy money…

their argument will be you were willing to stay and pay for 14 days….you should feel happy you only have to stay 7 days…that money is now water under the bridge…that was the policy when you applied and accepted it….move along foolish boy

When they changed the rules back in April and went from 14 to 7 days, the hotels were required to refund the difference. Yes, I received a prompt refund from my hotel.

TV cynics will always find dark clouds to walk under.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, khonkaenjason said:

We arrive ourselves in Phuket on October 5th from Los Angeles. I have already contacted our hotel in Patong who immediately issued a refund for 7 days and sent a new SHA Plus hotel confirmation with the new dates (7 nights) reflected. A new COE is not needed as long as your original one was issues before Sep 28th. Not sure what your deal is - Have you contacted the hotel? The plan for refunding COVID test fees is still being finalized - I am on the Elite Visa, so those are reimbursed already, but it would be nice for my Thai Spouse's to be refunded if only need one or two tests - I think the deal is that they have to rework how many tests and on what days they are going to be doing them - I have a sneaky suspicion they may find a way to keep it at 3 tests over the 7 days - I hope not - those tests are not my idea of a fun experience - we shall see. 

Hope it works out for you - 

Cheers - 

Could you tell me what the SHABA cert is? If you book directly with the hotel do you receive it?

5 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Could you tell me what the SHABA cert is? If you book directly with the hotel do you receive it?

I don't know what SHABA stands for, but to be approved for the Sandbox you must be booked at a SHABA Plus hotel - it is some type of certification that proves their staff is vaccinated and meets other requirements set by the government I believe. You have to pay for your stay and then the hotel generated a confirmation that you submit to the Thai Consulate/Embassy in your area. That confirmation will have the exact days that you have registered and paid for. In my case, it was originally for Oct 5 - 19. I paid for those dates. As soon as the change was announced, they emailed me to ask if I wanted to now just stay for 7 days. That answer was yes, so they sent me a new certificate and refunded me half of the money already paid. It was instantaneous. That hotel confirmation is supposed to be shown along the way when you travel, but I think it is really only needed to get the COE. Without it, my understanding is that you will not get a COE in the first place for the Sandbox. Hope that helps - Cheers

• Like 2

9 hours ago, khonkaenjason said:

I don't know what SHABA stands for, but to be approved for the Sandbox you must be booked at a SHABA Plus hotel - it is some type of certification that proves their staff is vaccinated and meets other requirements set by the government I believe. You have to pay for your stay and then the hotel generated a confirmation that you submit to the Thai Consulate/Embassy in your area. That confirmation will have the exact days that you have registered and paid for. In my case, it was originally for Oct 5 - 19. I paid for those dates. As soon as the change was announced, they emailed me to ask if I wanted to now just stay for 7 days. That answer was yes, so they sent me a new certificate and refunded me half of the money already paid. It was instantaneous. That hotel confirmation is supposed to be shown along the way when you travel, but I think it is really only needed to get the COE. Without it, my understanding is that you will not get a COE in the first place for the Sandbox. Hope that helps - Cheers

Thanks for your reply. You actually need the SHABA to book your swabs and then you need your swabs booked for the COE. 

Cheers. 

20 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Thanks for your reply. You actually need the SHABA to book your swabs and then you need your swabs booked for the COE. 

Cheers. 

On the Thai embassy websites in the USA not know elsewhere it is still stating a 14 day required booking at sandbox Phuket required for coe to be issued, When in fact it is now 7 days?? 

46 minutes ago, raptorea said:

On the Thai embassy websites in the USA not know elsewhere it is still stating a 14 day required booking at sandbox Phuket required for coe to be issued, When in fact it is now 7 days?? 

The infographic on the website has not been updated. Same for the one for Phuket on the COE website.

But the one for everywhere says 7 days for everywhere.

Non-Thai-info1.jpg