Which telecom company offers postpaid/monthly plans to foreigners?

TPDH

Hey

When I moved here some time ago TrueMove was only able to offer me a "prepaid" phone plan that I need to refill monthly. To get their postpaid/monthly plans I needed to show a work permit which I don't have. I'm staying in Thailand on a non-imm marriage visa. They said all telecom companies had this rule but I've since heard otherwise. I'd like to get a postpaid/monthly plan instead as it's more convenient, better plans and you can keep your number if you lose your SIM. 

Which telecom company offers postpaid/monthly plans to foreigners who doesn't work here? 

Thanks. 

AIS offer post pay, I don't have a WP - It is possible, however, the shop (telewiz) where you apply are not always aware that its possible - Try calling customer care first to get confirmation and allow them to speak to the shop if you run into difficulties.

• Thanks 1

If your wife take out the plan you want in her name, AIS will switch the plan & number to your name if you can show proof that the payment of the phone monthly bill comes from your bank account for three consecutive months. 

From your bank account meaning, an account with your name only.

The above said, most AIS shops do not know this, and ask for WP. 

Before taking out the plan in your wife name, ask the agent first, if they said NO, try another shop. 

• Like 1

We use both AIS and True now, post-pay/monthly.  Have used AIS alone and True alone in the past, switching every so often when one runs a deal that outdoes the other.   True billing is more confusing and not as easy to pay/keep track of, especially when you have TrueVision (TV), internet and one or more phones.  AIS is simple: get the bill, scan it with the Bangkok Bank iBanking app on my phone and pay the bill.  I "true-ly" wish True would consolidate their billing systems across their different services and make scanning an option, like AIS.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:42 AM, Bruno123 said:

You can get unlimited data @ up to 10 Mbps for much the same.

As I have wifi at condo (3BB fiber), I don't need unlimited data cell data. 10GB is enough for me. I hardly use 2GB. The same is my Google Fi. Never exceeded 2 GB. It all depends on what on your usage. I need solid wifi but not cell data. The option works for me the best. 

11 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

As I have wifi at condo (3BB fiber), I don't need unlimited data cell data. 10GB is enough for me. I hardly use 2GB. The same is my Google Fi. Never exceeded 2 GB. It all depends on what on your usage. I need solid wifi but not cell data. The option works for me the best. 

My point is that you are paying 100 baht a month for it anyway.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, BritManToo said:

Me too, AIS unlimited data (100GB) plus free calls to other AIS sims for 1,500bht/year.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-10mbps-1-100gb-sim-net-melonthai-i1842906792-s5588870018.html

Britman too,

I have had a post paid AIS for 10 years. Contract is up for renewal this month.

It offers 30GB of data which I never use and 300 minutes of free calls which I never use for like 600 baht a month. I only ever call my other half. All other calls are via internet to the UK or on free apps.

It's a complete waste of money and looking at yours, it looks like the ideal plan if I can keep my number.

It's not being stingy, it's just wasteful at the moment on my reckoning..

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:07 AM, Scouse123 said:

Britman too,

It offers 30GB of data which I never use and 300 minutes of free calls which I never use for like 600 baht a month. I only ever call my other half. All other calls are via internet to the UK or on free apps.

It's a complete waste of money and looking at yours, it looks like the ideal plan if I can keep my number.

If you want to keep the number and obtain the Marathon Pack that BritManToo uses; you can speak to the retentions department at AIS to see if they can offer that option to you.

If they refuse; you can just convert your Postpaid account to a Prepaid account of the same number and apply an unlimited data package to that for between 150 & 300 baht per month, dependent on the speed required. Promo for this month. Call centre will know; shops usually not.

4 Mbps 150

10 Mbps 200

20 Mbps 300

On 10/7/2021 at 9:07 AM, Scouse123 said:

Britman too,

If you want to keep the number and obtain the Marathon Pack that BritManToo uses; you can speak to the retentions department at AIS to see if they can offer that option to you.

If they refuse; you can just convert your Postpaid account to a Prepaid account of the same number and apply an unlimited data package to that for between 150 & 300 baht per month, dependent on the speed required. Promo for this month. Call centre will know; shops usually not.

4 Mbps 150

10 Mbps 200

20 Mbps 300

33 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

4 Mbps 150

10 Mbps 200

20 Mbps 300

Hi,

Call centre did a deal for 12 months which is fine at 199 baht a month including 150 free minutes and I think 3 gigabyte of internet data before they slow it right down. She said it was normally 399 baht. My house I use my own Wi Fi and rarely need mobile data.

I never call anybody except my other half and calls to UK, when I am using free apps like messenger, and if official business, I use the paid cheap Yolla app, so I am happy with this and I keep my number of ten years.

So happy with that deal.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

Call centre did a deal for 12 months which is fine at 199 baht a month including 150 free minutes and I think 3 gigabyte of internet data before they slow it right down. She said it was normally 399 baht. My house I use my own Wi Fi and rarely need mobile data.

I never call anybody except my other half and calls to UK, when I am using free apps like messenger, and if official business, I use the paid cheap Yolla app, so I am happy with this and I keep my number of ten years.

So happy with that deal.

I also have a DTAC sim I've had for 10 years, I just pay 2bht/month for my DTAC sim and keep it in the second sim slot on my phone. So I keep my DTAC number for 24bht/year, and have unlimited data and calls on my AIS sim in slot 1 for 1,500bht/year.

Which works out a lot cheaper than your 200bht/month plan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I also have a DTAC sim I've had for 10 years, I just pay 2bht/month for my DTAC sim and keep it in the second sim slot on my phone. So I keep my DTAC number for 24bht/year, and have unlimited data and calls on my AIS sim in slot 1 for 1,500bht/year.

Which works out a lot cheaper than your 200bht/month plan.

Yeah,

But my 200 baht a month is a lot better than the 599 baht I was paying for a load of junk I didn't use.

I can't use the second SIM for a phone because I use my SIM for extra storage.

Anyway, a lot better than I was paying.

I was DTAC pre-paid for many years. In 2020 their data service was becoming <deleted> for me so decided to go to AIS (better IMO) and get postpaid. Went to DTAC in Central Festival, Pattaya to cancel and ensure my old number could be transferred. Crossed the hall to AIS and was set-up with a new postpaid sim within about 40 minutes. Next morning my old number started working on the new AIS sim. Bills by email and text each month. Even got international roaming activated. Very happy.