COVID infections in 4 southern provinces rising, now 21% of new cases Monday

snoop1130

000_9NH82Y.jpg

People receive masks distributed by Thai commander of the 4th Army Area Lieutenant General Kriangkrai Srirak (2R) in Rangae district, southern province of Narathiwat on September 25, 2021. (Photo by Madaree TOHLALA / AFP)

Thailand’s 5 southernmost provinces, of Nakhon Si Thammarat, Songkhla, Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat, are among those with the highest COVID-19 infection rate today (Monday).

The combined cases in the four provinces except Nakhon Si Thammarat accounted for 21% of all new cases reported in the last 24 hours, up from 17% last week, according to the Centre for COVID-10 Situation Administration (CCSA).

The ten provinces with the highest infection rates today are Bangkok (1,137), Yala (764), Chon Buri (594), Songkhla (484), Pattani (406), Samut Prakan (382), Narathiwat (314), Nakhon Si Thammarat (313), Ratchaburi (300) and Rayong (297), said CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-infections-in-4-southern-provinces-rising-now-21-of-new-cases-monday/

Logo-top-.png

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

"COVID infections in 4 southern provinces rising, now 21% of new cases"

And this will continue to happen whilst the Bangkok elite continue to ignore the poor and the aged.

What evidence do you have that the poor and aged are being ignored? The evidence I see all around me is very much the opposite.

Yes, of course. The areas that lagged with infections will catch up. I really think a third grader could look at some Covid charts and tell you this. It stupefies me everyday how little we seem to have figured out. The virus spreads no matter what we do people. So may as well open things up and let people move freely and at their own discretion. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

And this will continue to happen whilst the Bangkok elite continue to ignore the poor and the aged.

Not just the poor and the aged, it's everyone down here. Plenty of cases local to us and in the family.

14 hours ago, sucit said:

Yes, of course. The areas that lagged with infections will catch up.

Then why is northern Thailand so unscathed? I think cultural habits pay a big role and in the deep south the vaccination rates are lower, people gather in large groups more, many people don't wear masks and muslims in general are much more likely to touch each other than buddhists are.

I live in the deep south, so I pretty much see and hear what's going on around me.

Edited by MarcelV
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Then why is northern Thailand so unscathed? I think cultural habits pay a big role and in the deep south the vaccination rates are lower, people gather in large groups more, many people don't wear masks and muslims in general are much more likely to touch each other than buddhists are.

I live in the deep south, so I pretty much see and hear what's going on around me.

I don’t know the stats but assuming the north is unscathed as you say, my assertions is it will soon catch up. I’ve said this many times actually and it always happens, but people are never convinced. They think there are going to be panaceas that did the “right thing” and avoided everything. That is not how this is working. If you are in an unaffected area, no matter what you do, it’s coming. 

Personally looking at the patterns, I think what happens is single individuals who house concentrated virus do the bulk of the spreading. So one guy infects 10 people in a minivan from Bangkok. No data just what I think since the infection areas seem so spotty. 

Edited by sucit
  • Like 1