Flat Roof with Ceramic Tiles : How to Waterproof, TOA Roof Paint any good ?

BangkokBoyJohnny

So I've got leaks on my flat roof, I'm thinking of using TOA Roof Paint, just wondered if anyone had tried it ?

There's no real info on the TOA website, thought it might need a primer but does not appear so..

Any how long it might last with full Sun/UV on it ?

Cheers

BBJ

TOA ROOF PAINT

TOA Roof Paint, a multi-purpose painting not only apply for multi-tile but also apply for all concrete courts which are tennis and basketball court and so on, Brick, and others surface.

TOA Roof paint made from 100% acrylic which can be tightly adhered to all types of tile. The film does not capture dust because of its smooth film blended with special UV-resistant pigments provides long-lasting, fade-free, mercury and lead-free without harm from rainfall for user-friendly consumption. There are more than 30 shades.

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

These are designed for the job054364B4-A50C-41A1-9BEC-3F2C6473B89B.thumb.jpeg.ab56dc80d6b67581b68f14c3ca186c08.jpeg

Excellent post, I'm just reading up on Flintkote and it in addition to #3 they mention Flintkote Pf4 as a primer,  and I also see Flintkote Super. 

Anyone know about their primer or their Super?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bbko said:

Excellent post, I'm just reading up on Flintkote and it in addition to #3 they mention Flintkote Pf4 as a primer,  and I also see Flintkote Super. 

Anyone know about their primer or their Super?

The recommended primer for Flintkote (on the can) is Flintkote diluted with 50% water

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 3:30 PM, tweedledee2 said:

That is acrylic paint. It is not a roof sealant to stop leaks.

We have just had our roof tiles sprayed with TOA roof paint. As part of whole house repaint.

Guy repaired any problems first… definitely not a sealant.

Mrs J went and checked the roof repairs before she would let the guys paint it. Think it will look quite smart when finished.House was built 2004/2005 and has never been repainted. Have also had guttering put up.

For anyone interested Process was...

Wash roof and scrubb where necessary 

Repairs as requires ... change cracked tiles and apply Acrilic sealant as required

Apply TOA Contact Primer

Apply several coats of Roof Paint

Apply 'something' to make the roof more glossy ... still to be done.

Bamboo scaffolding ... quite interesting how they tie it together. I've been up looking at the walls etc BUT I bought a Safety Harness!! 

Whatever you use Download the Data Sheet and make sure that it is applied as per ...

Roof2_30.thumb.jpg.e4be0f8e44ab4e3e68191493823f1443.jpg

Roof1_30.jpg.f953f216825967918629dea220574e29.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JAS21 said:

We have just had our roof tiles sprayed with TOA roof paint. As part of whole house repaint.

Guy repaired any problems first… definitely not a sealant.

Mrs J went and checked the roof repairs before she would let the guys paint it. Think it will look quite smart when finished.House was built 2004/2005 and has never been repainted. Have also had guttering put up.

For anyone interested Process was...

Wash roof and scrubb where necessary 

Repairs as requires ... change cracked tiles and apply Acrilic sealant as required

Apply TOA Contact Primer

Apply several coats of Roof Paint

Apply 'something' to make the roof more glossy ... still to be done.

Bamboo scaffolding ... quite interesting how they tie it together. I've been up looking at the walls etc BUT I bought a Safety Harness!! 

Whatever you use Download the Data Sheet and make sure that it is applied as per ...

Roof2_30.thumb.jpg.e4be0f8e44ab4e3e68191493823f1443.jpg

Roof1_30.jpg.f953f216825967918629dea220574e29.jpg

Brave girl !

You dont want to use paint as that will be temporary at best, you need to buy a waterproofing material or something tht will set up a membrane, I dont really know what is available here for those jobs so cannot give you any advise, in Australia I used both types of products  but those materials are not available in Thailand.

• Like 1