Breakthrough COVID-19 Infection in Thailand: What to Know

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Afraid of getting a jab? I don't get it. "A life lived in fear...?" What are you talking about?  

If you don't get vaccinated, you're far more likely to get very sick and possibly die after infecting everyone around you with your nonsense. You don't want to live in fear of what? Multiple vaccination and having to wear a mask? How is that living in fear? You're doing what society has deemed the way to respond to a pandemic as determined by experts. Not what some idiot high school dropout wrote on the Internet, actual trained experts.

Or you can take horse dewormer. Thoughts and prayers.  

Already vaxed bro, so stop with the unwarranted ass-umptions. The entire world is and has been living in fear for 18+ months and most of it still cowering and closed due to massive overreactions. 

BTW...Nothing fails like prayer. Don't want 'em Don't need 'em. Waste your time on useless superstition elsewhere. ????:cheesy:

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No it doesn't, it started Jan 1st 2001. 

You must have been so fun at the 1999 going to 2000 New Years Party explaining to everyone that it wasn't really the new century. I remember "that guy" at the party I was at. Nobody really cared then, and I'm sure that hasn't really changed.

• Haha 1

Amazing to still see denial of this pandemic by some here which has killed over 4.55 million fellow humans. That's enough for most people to take precautions like vaccines and avoiding very crowded places . That's what a pandemic is: the figures in 'so called' advanced nations but unequal ones like USA at over 704,000 dead or UK at over 137,000 dead citizens or less developed Brazil at 600,000 dead citizens tells you much. Better off and well organised & doing better than UK is  Germany  at 94,000 dead citizens but still high.  Indonesia has lost 142,000.

In America the highest deaths of family members are in Right Wing Southern Trump states where mask wearing and vaccinations were 'politicalised' which is unsual given that we all have had polio or measles vaccinations or many other vaccs  like flu without any fuss. Covid may seriously & quickly  deeply damage your lungs, limit your oxygen intake etc and ICUs throughout the world are still overflowing with unvaccinated people & busy mortuaries. Things are almost getting back to normal in the advanced EU nations but only because of  double Pfizer or AZ.

Edited by peter48
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Amazing to still see denial of this pandemic by some here which has killed over 4.55 million fellow humans. That's enough for most people to take precautions like vaccines and avoiding very crowded places . That's what a pandemic is: the figures in 'so called' advanced nations but unequal ones like USA at over 704,000 dead or UK at over 137,000 dead citizens or less developed Brazil at 600,000 dead citizens tells you much. Better off and well organised Germany is at 94,000 dead citizens.  Indonesia has lost 142,000.

In America the highest deaths of family members are in Right Wing Southern Trump states where mask wearing and vaccinations were 'politicalised' which is unusual given that we all have had polio or measles vaccinations or many other vaccs  since like flu without fuss. Covid may seriously 7 quickly  damage your lungs, limit your oxygen intake etc and ICUs throughout the world are overflowing with unvaccinated people & very busy mortuaries. 

Agree - I find it incredible that people who were vaxxed as kids are now kicking up against vaccination against a potentially deadly illness. Where are their heads?

Of course social media, (Dr. Facebook and Prof Twitter) has a lot to answer for....IMO, of course.

As for the highest deaths in USA being "in Right Wing Southern Trump states...." there's  Darwinism at work for you!

Here in UK, in areas with high South Asian population, people are not getting vaxxed due to that great Conspiracy Theory known as religion!

(I know how to win friends and influence people ????)

Edited by VBF

2 hours ago, Pinot said:

Another brilliant opinion expressed by an educated virologist, obviously. Here I thought it more about death but I'm sure you're right, it's the economy. 

"Its the economy stupid" Yes, a very well educated businessman and Wharton Alumni.

2 hours ago, Pinot said:

What??? Who writes that? 

I just didn't realize there were so many qualified Immunologists, Virologists and Epidemiologists here on Asean Now. 

Get vaccinated. It's a couple of shots in the arm. Save yourself, family and friends from getting deathly sick. What's wrong with you guys? You'd rather not get vaccinated and expose yourself and everyone around you, so that you can cuck the libs???

Jacinda's Mob, says,"The Virus will track down the unvaccinated" so get it quick, if you don't you will,

1 Loose your job.

2 Not be allowed on a Air NZ flight.

3Not allowed to attend a concert. (protestors excluded). but may be arrested and fined, what we decide to fine you, were adjusting that by the day to cover costs.

4 not be allowed into restaurants (even though vaccinated and reinfected persons can enter and spread the disease)

5 Will not be allowed to enter building supply companies if self employed unless you have a vaccine passport.

6 Handymen must be fully vaccinated to carry out home repairs and gardening, includes landscapers and tree pruners.

7 Garbage men not allowed to set foot on properties , must wear masks and have completed a covid health certificate to at least level 3 and have a current vaccine passport.

8 working from home if unvaccinated must spray document bags before courier picks then up, must not make contact less then being 2 m apart and wear an approved medical mask.

9 All others must self isolate you may face loosing your unemployment benefit  if refusing a job that requires you to be fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dave moir said:

So is Covid 19 avoidable ????

Probably, if your fit and healthy with no bad underlying conditions.

Even if you catch it you will recover in self isolation ,unless complications set in, go to hospital.

The only thing that seems unavoidable is jabber, he is going to track you down, before the virus tracks you down, then you are 11 times more likely to die, that of course is if you are over 75 have smoked like a train, have epilepsy, diabetes cancer, multiple cirrhosis or any other disease the a common flue might turn into pneumonia  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

I tried to find a definition for "weak virus" either from epidemiology or science in general. No luck. Can you provide a link to this term allegedly used by scientists?

YouTube This Week in Virology (TWiV) by Professor Vincent Racianello and his bi-weekly Podcast panel.

Edited by tandor

9 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Probably, if your fit and healthy with no bad underlying conditions.

Even if you catch it you will recover in self isolation ,unless complications set in, go to hospital.

The only thing that seems unavoidable is jabber, he is going to track you down, before the virus tracks you down, then you are 11 times more likely to die, that of course is if you are over 75 have smoked like a train, have epilepsy, diabetes cancer, multiple cirrhosis or any other disease the a common flue might turn into pneumonia  

I know some very fit and healthy people who’ve been kicked into touch by Covid-19. 

One a young girl - a runner was bed-ridden for 10 days or so....  

Another, 45 yrs old, fit and healthy, was in hospital for weeks....

Both survived, I think both are fine now....  But one one wants to be sick in a bed for day let alone weeks.

I don’t want to take the chance of being unwell for a few days - the vaccine can easily make this difference.

I am also happy that travel may now include compulsory masks....  over the past 20+ years I’ve been sick after getting off planes - caught horrible colds /.flu - If mask wearing also stops this I’m happy (and I absolutely hate wearing masks !)

A post commenting on moderation with unsubstantiated information has been removed.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Edited by metisdead

7 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

The only people I know that have come down with Covid and these are in the low single figures, did so all after having the 2nd jab.  

Those I know all had Covid pre vaccination.

4 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

No copyrighted material was posted, the link is RT News Rick Sanchez, fully available on YouTube Rt portable app and Rt today.

If this was false news I apologize, however RT is a very reliable source fully available on smart tvs worldwide\.

The point is, members need to provide a link to the source of information when posting.  

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) ASEANNOW.com to discuss moderation policy.

Edited by metisdead

3 hours ago, brucec64 said:

You must have been so fun at the 1999 going to 2000 New Years Party explaining to everyone that it wasn't really the new century. I remember "that guy" at the party I was at. Nobody really cared then, and I'm sure that hasn't really changed.

Don't blame me for when it all started (AD), you need to speak to a much higher authority!

• Haha 1

Just now, Tonypandy said:

I don't care if you believe my statement, it proves that getting the vaccine is a risk, not getting it you are taking a chance 

I agree in part. Getting the vaccine is a risk.. A very small risk, but still a risk. What you don't seem to understand is that not getting vaccinated is much more of a risk. The State of Pennsylvania recently released a report revealing that 97% of the deaths in its hospitals were of the unvaccinated. What is so hard to understand about that?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luton said:

The article (to which we are all responding) is very lop-sided and avoids the truth about the many damaging vaccine side-effects and deaths caused by these experimental products all over the world now. This is not scaremongering and is based on different Government stats (which can be verified) and so it is dealing with facts.

The 'vaccinations' don't give immunity. Don't prevent infection. Those are facts also, admitted by health agencies.

What if....merely a 'what if', and I'm not promoting this...what if 'breakthrough' cases are really caused by the vaccines? In other words, what if one's immune system is weakened by the spike protein delivered by the vaccines, resulting in all sorts of physical ailments? A number of reputable and well-qualified medical professionals and scientists are now suggesting this is so, but the knee-jerk reaction from Governments (and media propaganda) is to censor them and remove a reasoned debate about everything.

Please stop victimising the unvaccinated and become better informed. By far most 'breakthrough' cases in Israel and other Countries are among the 'fully vaccinated'.

Re-assess Ivermectin and ditch the horse-dewormer tag! The product certified for humans is relevant and helpful....See India and Japan.

Such nonsense. Clearly you don't have the least grasp of the role probability plays in science. Just because the vaccines don't guarantee immunity, doesn't mean that they don't provide ac good measure of it. The same goes for infection. You're telling a falsehood when you claim that agencies admit that vaccines don't provide any protection.

There is absolutely no evidence that the spike protein, which mobilizes the immune system, causes ailments. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. And, of course, by mentioning baseless claims, you are promoting them.

As for your nonsense about breakthrough cases. The definition of a breakthrough case is that the disease reoccurs for someone who has either been vaccinated or naturally been infected. Lots more people in Israel have been vaccinated than naturally infected. So naturally there are a lot more breakthrough cases among them. And even though there's good evidence that natural infection provides stronger immunity, you've got to run the far greater risk of contracting a serious illness or even dying from that natural infection. Hardly a sensible way to acquire immunity.

As for Ivermectin, yes, it's very useful for parasites, Brilliant actually, But that doesn't mean it's effective against Covid. Brazil stopped distributing it because it made no difference in clinical outcomes.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

Why would they need the jab if they already had covid? 

Most likely, they are better protected. But a nice bonus of getting vaccinated after having covid, is that it seems to provide super immunity. Even to more distantly related viral disease vectors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1