Next university semester? When in-person classes restart?

ThLT

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Best estimate for education re-start is November.

This refers to schools, such as pratom and mattayom but it seems the universities are up in the air.. Perhaps November for some of the universities that are still on the Thai schedule, but there have been no provisions to inoculate the students as of today. The universities that are on the western calendar seem to be shooting for Jan.  Chula I know is on the western schedule. Most have had no in class learning since March.

• Like 1

29th November at my local university, but I believe it depends on the university. On site classes are allowed, but unlikely. Teachers have been told they will be responsible for any cases found in their classes. That sounds unworkable and unfair to me. 

• Like 1

I work at a Rajabhat, but the same goes for other universities/schools I have seen: Every couple weeks we get an announcement from higher up about whether on-site classes will resume in the next two weeks or not. So now we will wait around another week to get the announcement for November 1. Our particular university will be on break then, so even if on-site classes were allowed by the government, we probably wouldn't teach in person until the start of the second term of 2021 (yet unannounced). Another big factor is vaccination, since right now, the great majority of students have yet to get their first jab.

• Thanks 1

My son attends the International course at Chiang Mai University and his second semester starts 8 November.

So far, they told him classes are done online and all lab work done at the University. Because of having is how they handled his first semester, too. Because of having 50% online and 50% at the University, they deducted 4500 baht from his tuition.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, marin said:

This refers to schools, such as pratom and mattayom but it seems the universities are up in the air.. Perhaps November for some of the universities that are still on the Thai schedule, but there have been no provisions to inoculate the students as of today. The universities that are on the western calendar seem to be shooting for Jan.  Chula I know is on the western schedule. Most have had no in class learning since March.

As mentioned many/most universities in Thailand have their own schedule of semester dates plus some has summer programs as well and again dates vary uni by uni. 

You need to contact the specific uni. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

You know, it's very interesting that each country has a different educational process right now. A friend of mine studies in France, and he is entirely offline. I also study in Europe, and we're online. And it's so hard for me. I can't organize myself at home, and it takes me a lot of time to finish all the tasks. I use different helpful services and resources like Edu birdie, Grammarly, and so on because writing tasks are the hardest for me, but I still have no free time. I really hope that as soon as possible, I'll go offline, and I'd be very happy.