Buy House with a view, where to look, Pattaya area

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Agree 100%....buying is not the way to go, even when rents are not rock bottom.

Just checked rents in my condo in BKK (yes I know this is a Pattaya forum), they were running around 30k/month before covid, one is now being advertised at 14k and most around 17k.

You can pick up Soi Bukahow 15, condo rentals for 5000 baht a month.

How many of these condo and housing developments are getting maintenance payments from farangs stuck abroad?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Agree 100%....buying is not the way to go, even when rents are not rock bottom.

Just checked rents in my condo in BKK (yes I know this is a Pattaya forum), they were running around 30k/month before covid, one is now being advertised at 14k and most around 17k.

Imagine you could get some really nice penthouse for 30k and above.

I would if I was younger and in the Pattaya/ Nakleu/Jomptien area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Don't buy anything in Thailand.

You'll start losing money from the day the ink is dry on the contract.

Buy a property in your own country and use the rental income to fund a rental in Thailand.

At the moment, you will be able to negotiate a fantastic rental deal.

Rents are on the floor.

Now he can buy on bargain price 50% lower than average.On buyers market is better buy (than rent )at least one unit to live in.If you do not have money to buy than rent is good option.

• Like 1

Pratumnak, starship etc etc.. But that sort of requirements, will be expensive... 

What is wrong with a condo.. 

Much better security, with amazing views.. 

Good breezes higher up, makes cooler and almost insect free.. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Not many places in pattaya with houses that have an ocean view out the front door. Go on Google maps and check all the beachside roads.

Dongtan beach has a couple but literally 100s of millions of baht.

Ah, so for senior police officers only....

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

Bar stool talk at its best. No doubt you have bought in a gated community and lost a ton of money. 

I know plenty of guys who have made money here including myself. 

We are talking about condos.

If you mean knowing expats, business owners and people with 30 plus years experience of Thailand then guilty as charged.

Give us some examples of currently increasing prices in property in Pattaya.

More importantly, what percentage of the total market do these gems represent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

We are talking about condos.

If you mean knowing expats, business owners and people with 30 plus years experience of Thailand then guilty as charged.

Give us some examples of currently increasing prices in property in Pattaya.

More importantly, what percentage of the total market do these gems represent.

Im not talking about Pattaya at all. Whatever gave you that idea

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Buying a property is not all about “dead capital” and financial return on investment.

All these old guys with foreign property & renting here from foreign rents. thinking they are Smart.

Much more to life than accumulating  money, especially if Retired. SELL IT ALL & LIVE your best Life.

Otherwise you are likely to die leaving it all to the expectant and ungrateful relatives.

That is not going to be the end purpose of my life.

Had family here for last seven years. Would have lost around 3 million baht by now if Renting.

I have never rented here. I want to have my own place here as Settled Personal & Family Home, to renovate improve furnish decorate garden as I please. I have earned that privilege.Money in the bank is important but would not compensate that situation & great feeling. I won’t need to deal with quirky cheating landlords on annual leases.moving upheaval every year, potentially.

I initially had a small house which sold for a good profit. I then bought “off plan” a pool villa with separate apartment. Lived in the family apt. & rented the upstairs house for intl vacation short stay. Over 12 years pre- covid I recovered around half my capital cost in rents. Covid has killed that business.But banked around 6 million baht NETT Profit. Plus living there in Apt. Plus Saved Rent.

So around now it owes me NOTHING ( still worth the invested 12 million). It has not increased in value.

But should have using 2006 projections when bought. I doubt if that Accomodation Model has ever even occurred to anyone here. 

When Im gone my lady and son inherit. Trying to Sell now to fund our Dream Self Build Project.

Dream on!

• Haha 2