Leg Cramps

macb

Not all the time but at night I get cramp in in one of my legs on the inside of the thigh and when you get out of bed it stops you me straightening up and you have to ride it out till the muscle or tendon relaxes :

Is there anything you can take to avoid this discomfort ?

THanks folks:

PLenty of water passing the lips already, maybe not so much salt as in UK:

As for excercise getting plenty of that now with the new daughter on the scene

Thanks again

Not all the time but at night I get cramp in in one of my legs on the inside of the thigh and when you get out of bed it stops you me straightening up and you have to ride it out till the muscle or tendon relaxes :

Is there anything you can take to avoid this discomfort ?

It sounds like you might be suffering from Restless Leg Syndrome - don't laugh, it is a real condition. To learn more go to www.rls.org

Stoneman

Just an idea Macb, have you checked for diabetes?

Hi George:

Well I had a blood test last year for my Thiahealth Insurance and all was clear: I think its down to some unusual positions (Now dont start thinking Sex Olympics). To do with dealing with the new baby and all done in bear feet or flip flops :

And I am not in the gym 5 days a week like I used to be, it comes in fits and starts not all the time.

Will give the Bananas a go I buy some mineral water.

Thanks for you concern.

THanks folks:

PLenty of water passing the lips already, maybe not so much salt as in UK:

As for excercise getting plenty of that now with the new daughter on the scene

Thanks again

You're in the tropics, you should be consuming MUCH more salt here than in a cold country - If you don't have fish sauce for example with your Thai dishes you should be using salt as a substitute.

Bananas are also a good idea (Potassium) but you still need salt.

• 2 weeks later...

A good treatment for leg cramps is Schweppes Indian Tonic water, the one that contains Quinine, works well for many people, drink before bed. Don't know if a drop of gin added helps or hinders :o

cramps are usually associeted with dehydration ie lack of sugar /salt/ water.

doctors here recomend 1ltr bottle of water mixed with 3teaspoons of salt and 6 sugar cubes/other than that go to boots and ask for rehydrat powder form to mix with water SAME SAME

I was getting the same thing [agonizing wake ups in the middle of the night and having to walk it off] and a friend recomended an electrolyte [sports drink or oral rehydration drink] and it worked the first night. you can get them at any drug store for 5 bhatt ea and mix with water.

I now mix mine and drink at night and leave some beside the bed as i get thirsty at night.

When i went back to the states, i could only get gatorade for $1/ bottle. they don't sell it in the powder form like here.

I LOVE cheap fixes!!!

good luck and let us know how it works

I was getting the same thing [agonizing wake ups in the middle of the night and having to walk it off] and a friend recomended an electrolyte [sports drink or oral rehydration drink] and it worked the first night. you can get them at any drug store for 5 bhatt ea and mix with water.

I now mix mine and drink at night and leave some beside the bed as i get thirsty at night.

When i went back to the states, i could only get gatorade for $1/ bottle. they don't sell it in the powder form like here.

I LOVE cheap fixes!!!

good luck and let us know how it works

drink more water this sould cure it, if not consult a doctor :o