Hua Hin’s proposed Nov 1 reopening to foreign tourists hits stumbling bloc

webfact

You mean... another bloc ?

Those... blocs start to be a large number. ????

Anyway, nothing will change on november 1.

"Chanthaburi has banned all sales of alcohol until further notice. Including all stores. They state this will help stop Covid-19 and parties they claim are fueling more cases."

This is the reality on the ground. Madness. Only Phuket decided to authorize alcool in restaurants (recently).

Source : https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1445971173490118660

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2long said:

Even if they DO open, where will the foreigners come from? Until/Unless Swampy airport is open and Bangkok open too, no one can get here, can they?

That is the underlying basic principle: quarantine free entry for vaccinated tourists from Nov 1.

Now wait until this is torn down and that's it then with "winter season".

BKK airport is "open" of course but currently with quarantine only.

• Like 1

The clowns in charge just don't get it. But no wonder, they are Military and/or just not used to think and listen.

Look at Central America and the Caribbean, many countries are welcoming tourists and have simple entry conditions.

• Like 2

I guess my December 15th opening forecast is looking more promising, and maybe by January

there will be more people wanting a bit of a Winter tourist season.  Oh well it is only October 9th, so 

still 9 weeks until mid December.

Geezer

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I guess my December 15th opening forecast is looking more promising, and maybe by January

there will be more people wanting a bit of a Winter tourist season.  Oh well it is only October 9th, so 

still 9 weeks until mid December.

Geezer

Ah, we have an optimist ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had my wife call the Shareton Hua Hin(Cha-Am) to see if they were taking reservations as the SHA+ hotel they are listed as... They had no information and here is the real sticky point; They have no limo or transport to get me from the BKK airport to their hotel... That will be a show stopper as you have to travel in a controlled environment till you get tested and cleared to wonder about... I am hoping for this but already booked a 7 day ASQ in BKK as a fallback plan... LOS the Land of Starts/Stops!!!!!

16 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I live outside Huahin and haven't missed the tourists at all. That said, there are lots of empty buildings and it's hard on the locals.

Can't please everyone I guess.

Poor Thais are suffering but you're all right Jack.

Nice!