UK Travel Requirements

Neeranam

I heard it is now easier for me to go to the UK because of Thailand off the red list. 

I have been vaccinated with Sinovac and Astrazenica. Do I need another one? I am booked for Moderna soon. If not needed, I could get it in the UK. 

Also, do I need anything else, like maybe a negative test.

Thanks for any info, just starting to make inquiries as it would be nice to go back for Christmas. 

From https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Approved vaccines

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

Oxford/AstraZeneca 

Pfizer BioNTech

Moderna

Janssen

Different rules may apply to other bits of the UK.

Edited by Upnotover
  • Thanks 1

If you are fully vaccinated

This is what you need to do if you qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England. Before you travel to England – fully vaccinated

Before you travel to England you must:

book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test – to be taken after arrival in England

complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England

You will need to enter your COVID-19 test booking reference number on your passenger locator form.When you arrive in England – fully vaccinated

After you arrive in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2.

You must book this test before you travel.

there is talk that  at the end of October the day 2 test will be changed from a PCR test to a cheaper lateral flow test

other parts of UK have their own rules

Edited by Tim16
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

This is what you need to do if you qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England. Before you travel to England – fully vaccinated

complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England

You will need to enter your COVID-19 test booking reference number on your passenger locator form.When you arrive in England – fully vaccinated

there is talk that  at the end of October the day 2 test will be changed from a PCR test to a cheaper lateral flow test

Thanks.Very useful summary

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

From https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Approved vaccines

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

Oxford/AstraZeneca 

Pfizer BioNTech

Moderna

Janssen

Different rules may apply to other bits of the UK.

Thanks, maybe different for Scotland, I'll check it out. 

maybe different if I fly to Italy then Scotland? 

38 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

Thanks. 

I might not go to England though. 

43 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

What coronavirus (COVID-19) testing and quarantine rules you need to follow depends on:

• whether you qualify as fully vaccinated
  • where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive

Find out what to do if you’re:

Very helpful, thanks. 

So, even as I'm not full vaccinated according to them, I can just self quarantine at home, next to 3 golf courses????

On 10/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, Neeranam said:

Where do I get this? 

@Neeranam  The answer to ALL your questions is on the UK Gov sites  that are linked in this thread many times.

Start here https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus and you WILL find all the accurate and up to date answers but you may have to dig - there are dozens of links.

The reason I say this is:

This is a VERY fluid and changeable situation

Some people on the forum try to be helpful but are out of date (what they post today might be correct, but it changes, but the post doesn't)

Some people on the forum try to be helpful but misunderstand and end up confusing others

Some people on the forum just think they know but don't

MOST newspapers, news media etc are in such a rush to be first with the news, that they don't check their facts thoroughly

NOBODY on this forum knows better than that UK Gov site, because that is the law and is kept up to date (eg when the changes taking place tomorrow (Oct 11) were announced, that site was updated within minutes)

Good luck!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1