Leaving Phuket Sandbox - COVID testing requirements to travel domestically?

NotReallyHere

Do I need any type of COVID test to fly or take the train domestically?  I'd like to fly/travel by train sometime between 12 - 15 October.  I'd like to fly to Bangkok and take the train from there.  Actually, I still haven't been able to confirm the trains are running.  The timetables I've found won't allow me to enter a travel date.  Not a good sign...  If train travel is not possible, I'll take a short domestic flight onward from Bangkok.

I'm fully vaccinated and have completed my Phuket Sandbox Quarantine.  My last PCR test was 6 October. 

What is the best Thai government website to find this information on my own?  Does the CSSA have a website in English?

I think it's very strange that the issue isn't prominently addressed anywhere (that I can find) on the AOT, SRT or TAT webpages.  Also, it's not prominently featured at the airline's webpages (for my purposes Thai Smile or Thai VietJet Air.  VietJet mentions Vietnamese domestic travel requirements only).  I'm assuming the airlines would be required to provide that information if they sell a ticket, but I don't want to find out about the requirements AFTER I book the flight.  The airlines seem more interested in selling rental cars, hotel stays and insurance policies than providing basic COVID era information about travel requirements at their websites.

Thanks in advance...

• Like 1

Point take that this kind of very basic information is surprisingly hard to find.  One shouldn't have to ferret it out as it should be readily available on CAAT, TAT, airline's websites, etc.

PLANNING ON FLYING DOMESTICALLY IN THAILAND?

People wishing to take a flight in Thailand will need to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours before they are due to fly, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has confirmed.

'Fully vaccinated' is deemed as having received two doses of a vaccine approved for use in Thailand, with the exception of the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

For those who are not fully vaccinated, they will need to show a negative test result from either an ATK or PCR test no more than 72 hours before flying.

Anyone who feels sick or unwell is urged not to travel.

Airlines have been instructed to adjust ventilation systems and ensure that all screening measures are strictly observed. Any passenger who fails to pass the necessary screening, such as reporting a high temperature, could be refused boarding.

from https://www.facebook.com/groups/thailandvisaandsandbox/posts/547475699887364 which is a private facebook group, Thailand Tourist Visa & Phuket Sandbox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1