Multiple Entry 'o' Non-immigrant Visa

Hi,

I am a Belgian working abroad in Qatar on a contract of 6 weeks on 6 weeks off.

I have bought a house in Thailand and have been married for 8 years with a Thai wife and have a daughter of 4 who also has a Thai passport.

We would like to move permanantly to our house in Thailand but with the new immigration laws I don't know if it is possible to use a non-immigrant visa.

I will be flying to Qatar every 6 weeks and if we would move to Europe instead of Qatar the contract will become 4 weeks on-off so that would mean I would fly in and out of Thailand every 4 weeks.

Does anybody know if this is possible with a 'O' visa.

Regards

Danny

No problems cause you are married with a Thai national and akid as well.Go for the multiple non O visa.

This is perfect for you,it is designed for people moving in and out of Thailand all the time but not having to go and make a new (different kind) of visa all the time.Just make sure you have you papers ready to apply.

A copy of the marriage cetificate(also an translation into English), copy of the birth certificate of your son,copy of the identification papers of yours and your wife,and maybe the papers of your house registrations (a dark blue book)where the adress and owner is stated of the adress in Thailand.The later is not realy needed but all extras are only better.With this visa you can travel with no limits in and out of Thailand for a year,and if entering before the date of expire ,you can have another free 90 days as a bonus,so if playing smart you can stay for 15 months on this visa,After the visa is expired make a new one etc etc.

Goodluck and I am sure you will get one.

If you apply for the Non Im "o" in Savanhket make sure you have the "Thai original" of the marriage certificate. I was refused it and given only a Tourist visa with all the other mentioned documents. They said no problems if I had the original.

All I need in Zurich to get a Non-Immigrant-O multiple entry visa is my Thai marriage certificate (original preferred) and a return ticket originating from Switzerland to Thailand. I have to supply my home address in Switzerland including my phone number. I would not be surprised, if they checked that with the phone book.

Together with CHF 190.- and one or two passport photos. 2 or 3 days waiting time. No problem.

Regards

Thedi