Epinephrine autoinjector

nickcar

I am not sure it is available here anymore - according to MIMS (listing fo all drugs in Thailand) it is now off-market.

However it still shows up on the distributor's website, see here

https://www.atlantamedicare.co.th/product/epipen/

I suggest you contact the company to find out what the story is - and please post th4e outcome here

If it is no longer available, alternative would be to get an amp of adrenaline and some 1 cc syringes.  Each amp has 1 mg in 1 ml, Epi-Pens (full size, nto pediatric etc) contains 0.3mg. In other words, 0.3ml of adrenaline from a vial of 1mg/1ml will contain same. You would need to self-inject, good idea to practice on some oranges first. As it is sc injection, nto difficult (though of course a little harder than a self-injector - and you need to first draw it up into the syringe).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 12:15 PM, nickcar said:

Thanks Sheryl. I have messaged the company several times and they always respond with a message saying somebody will get in touch with you but They never do. 

Messaging almost never works.

You need to have a Thai speaker call them.

Meanwhile (or if it turns out they don't have it) - do what I said. Buy say 2-3 ampules of epi plus some insulin syringes (1 cc syringes), open 1 or 2  amps and practice drawing up the epi and injecting it in to an orange, then keep the other amp plus a syringe or two on hand.

As it is a subcutaneous injection it is not hard to do, you can just jam it into your thigh and press the plunger down; even if you are clumsy about it, it will work. Just the drawing up into the syringe needs a little practice.

• 1 year later...

Sheryl,

Just a bit of information, you might like to make a public if it is not already so. 

I have suffered a bit with a enlarged prostate, never had to urinate more than once a night but had to take care if I was travelling any distance to make sure not to drink water beforehand.

I started taking 2000 mg of pumpkinseed oil a few months ago and my urinary function has returned to what it was at least 20 years ago.

I thought this might be of interest July

Regards.

Nick.