Thai national travel back to Thailand

Trev

Hello,

My Thai wife has been away from Thailand for almost 2 years.  She desperately wants to get back to see here family from our home here in Canada.  We've been trying to see if there are different requirements for Thais as opposed to foreigners but all our searches have been fruitless. Does anyone know if there are different requirements right now and if there will be different requirements with the changes proposed in November?

We will be thankful for any assistance whatsoever.  

55 minutes ago, Trev said:

Thanks.

I have tried to reach out to the Thai Embassy here and they are excruciatingly difficult to get ahold of... let alone get information out of.

I called the local consulate and they said to email my questions. I did and they were very responsive. This was in Lisbon .

^yeah, that's pretty much all you need right there.    The various Thai embassy websites are more like Banksy 'interpretations' of a what a consular website should be (let's randomly put what people need in different places with no uniform site design).

As of today: Thai nationals just need an AQ booking and COE.    Oh, be sure to negotiate with the AQ hotel you book at: specifically, that if they want your business, they have to agree to refund the difference if the quarantine rules change in your favor.    When we flew in, the quarantine rule was reduced from 14 days to 10 days for vaccinated Thais... the hotel (within their right) said no refunds, but you're welcome to stay the full 14 days.  ????   

• Like 1

Just monitor this site daily for information as  the Gov is supposedly opening up the country with no quarentene after the 1st of Nov or shortly after.  She could hopefully applyb online for not a COE by a ThailandPass  and if fully vacccinated enter Thailand and go about her business .

Edited by Tony125