US citizen traveling to Phuket sandbox but would like to stay 1 week in Denmark before my trip. Is this possible with COE restrictions

Hi, 

I'm fully vaccinated and would like to enter through Phuket in early December. I have a wedding in Denmark in late November and will be there for 1 week. Is it possible to travel from Denmark or do I need to fly back to the US? The 21 day rule is what's confusing me. Also do I need to be in the US a full 21 days after returning from Denmark? Can I get the COE in the US, fly to Denmark for a week and back to the US and then to Phuket?   I tried calling the US embassy but no answer and email replies only said to ask the Denmark embassy.

Thanks!

You will need to apply for your certificate of entry in Denmark. They will not issued one with a one week layover during your trip to here. You will also need to covid 19 test in Denmark 72 hours before you leave,

The 21 day requirement has been done away with since they started allowing those from all countries to go into the sandbox.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need to apply for your certificate of entry in Denmark. They will not issued one with a one week layover during your trip to here. You will also need to covid 19 test in Denmark 72 hours before you leave,

The 21 day requirement has been done away with since they started allowing those from all countries to go into the sandbox.

Thanks Ubonjoe, Do you think it could be possible to acquire a COE in Denmark when I will only be in Denmark for one week (5 business days)?  and if not do you know if it's possible to start the process earlier from the US online? Thanks for your help.. trying to get info from the embassies has been really tough.

3 hours ago, chocolatesound1 said:

Do you think it could be possible to acquire a COE in Denmark when I will only be in Denmark for one week (5 business days)?  and if not do you know if it's possible to start the process earlier from the US online?

There have certainly been reports of people starting the COE in a similar manner to what you describe ie from a country other than the one they are applying to.

Edited by treetops

8 hours ago, chocolatesound1 said:

Do you think it could be possible to acquire a COE in Denmark when I will only be in Denmark for one week (5 business days)?  and if not do you know if it's possible to start the process earlier from the US online? Thanks for your help.. trying to get info from the embassies has been really tough.

You can apply for the COE before flying to Denmark.