Koh Samui: Covid-19 rules for domestic tourists change from Friday, foreign tourists no change

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The rules for domestic tourists (including foreigners living in Thailand) to visit the holiday island of Koh Samui will change from October 15th, this coming Friday.

So long as you have had two doses of most vaccines or a negative test in the last seven days you can visit. 

It's part of the "Rao Thiaw Duay Kan" (Let's travel) phase three.

3pm1.jpg

Graphic: Daily News

An infographic on the Daily News platform said that the new rules applied to domestic tourists but foreigners from abroad were still on the Samui+ Sandbox scheme.

You're ok to enter with:

2 doses of Sinovac, Sinopharm or Sputnik 5.

Two doses of Sinovac and AstraZeneca.

Two doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or one of Johnson and Johnson.

OR

You have have had a negative RT-PCR or Antiken Test Kit result within the last 7 days. 

Six year olds and under accompanied by parents are exempt. 

Surat Thani governor Wichawuth Jinto said this applied to all domestic tourists arriving by ferry or air.

Visitors would have to enter into the Samui Health Pass system and use its QR code to enter establishments on the island. 

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

asean_now_BB.jpg

17 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Yes you can.

And legally in some restaurants now.176032044_Boozefood2.jpg.6d536f3c1f9020818cf2488dd045ab5c.jpg

That's a great list, thank you. Haven't been on a pub crawl for years. I could manage 20 in my younger days, but I'll see how I get on with this number and let you know. Hick.

• Like 2