Prayuth: No drinking, no parties no gambling - don't let your Covid guard down

webfact

1 hour ago, alyx said:

Did I miss something ? As, to the best of my knowledge, gambling has been illegal, hence, forbidden for decades ( not sure if ever allowed ) …so why the mention ? 

Occasionally the local police in many places allow gambling for two or three days over holidays. At least that is what they announce.

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And how do you contract covid19 when gambling? The viruses drop down on the spinning roulette and spread like a tornado? 

The risk of infection is greatest for those who win - when collecting other people's tokens ...

• Haha 1

I suppose we should be grateful that the autocracy did not mention the other major sin.

No sex ;   People are in closer contact than any of the other three activities

Oops,  should I delete this? Before some clown sees it and adds more bright ideas how to dim everybody's life.

Edited by jojothai
word missing

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth said:

No parties

No drinking

No gambling

From the 1939 song:-

"It’s a hap-hap-happy day Toodle-oodle-oodle-oodle-oodle-ay For you and me, for us and we All the clouds have rolled away"

but not in Thailand!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The beach was heaving with people along many kilometres with cars double and triple parked and horrendous traffic.

Deckchairs were packed all along the beach with Thais eating and singing along to guitars.

I guess the people are learning to live with C19 which going to be a new normal.

3 hours ago, stigar said:

Why do other people drink..because i do..why do i drink..because others do

Cheers from scandinavia..here we open and the infections going down because the high amount of people get vaccinated

Scandinavia a new country?

Never heard of it

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Jomtien thais were fighting to get a car park and the beach chairs packed out and vendors serving beer. What are they gonna do arrest the whole beach? 

Yes I was there at Jomtien beach  yesterday afternoon with  4 generations of family members for a pic-knick,very busy, parking hard to find  I saw no fighting also saw no police or even the "tesakit" trying to move vendors on almost back to pre covidicy normal  except a few more people wearing masks and the children's  playground/exercise area was still shut.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stigar said:

Why do other people drink..because i do..why do i drink..because others do

Cheers from scandinavia..here we open and the infections going down because the high amount of people get vaccinated

Vaccinated !!!! .. What’s that I hear you say … Leave it too the leaders … They will make sure I am protected … But wait … How much will this cost me ???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2long said:

Why does he need to say  'no gambling' about Covid, when gambling's illegal anyway?

I bought a lottery ticket yesterday. I guess I must now be a criminal in the premier's mind. Keep an eye out for me on TV soon being made an example of and pointing at the ticket

• Haha 2