Prayuth: No drinking, no parties no gambling - don't let your Covid guard down

webfact

9 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Rules do not need to make sense. It’s 9 parts out of 10 an exercise in obedience, 1/10 a pandemic. People have had too much freedoms in recent decades that need to be curtailed. This is precisely what is happening now.

Put it all down, don't leave out the best part but present the full picture: 

Organized by whom at the very top level, above Mr. White Uniform here and the likes of Hun Sen, the UK Tory government, Macron, Modi, Duterte, etc. (just to name a few) ?

Who is orchestrating all of this then and giving them orders?

• Like 2

Reuters-Bangkok Mon 11 Oct 2021.

Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM.

Thailand also plans to allow resumption of alcohol sales at restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues to reopen by Dec. 1, Prayuth said.

Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from low-risk countries starting Nov. 1, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Monday.

Visitors from least 10 countries including Britain, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said, according to a transcript of a recorded televised speech provided by his office.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-end-quarantine-vaccinated-visitors-133626766.html

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Reuters-Bangkok Mon 11 Oct 2021.

Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM.

Thailand also plans to allow resumption of alcohol sales at restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues to reopen by Dec. 1, Prayuth said.

Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from low-risk countries starting Nov. 1, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Monday.

Visitors from least 10 countries including Britain, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said, according to a transcript of a recorded televised speech provided by his office.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-end-quarantine-vaccinated-visitors-133626766.html

The various reports tonight that have the PM saying that bars and entertainment venues are going to be allowed to reopen and serve alcohol starting Dec. 1 seem more than a bit at odds with this thread's OP news report posted just hours earlier today....   Can they ever keep their story straight???

"Prayut added that restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues will be allowed to reopen and sell alcoholic drinks from December 1."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/33850/thailand-to-open-doors-to-vaccinated-travelers-from-safe-countries-starting-november-1/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

11 hours ago, webfact said:

People should be adopting "Universal Protection" and businesses, markets and communities should still be following protocols of Covid Free Setting with ATK tests and the like.

This should serve as an important indication to any and all planning a trip to Thailand, for whatever reason.  Prayuth and his government intends to continue their Covid-zero strategy.  The certainty of a future lockdown isn't in question, it's simply a matter of the timing.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The various reports tonight that have the PM saying that bars and entertainment venues are going to be allowed to reopen and serve alcohol starting Dec. 1 seem more than a bit at odds with this thread's OP news report posted just hours earlier today....   Can they ever keep their story straight???

"Prayut added that restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues will be allowed to reopen and sell alcoholic drinks from December 1."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/33850/thailand-to-open-doors-to-vaccinated-travelers-from-safe-countries-starting-november-1/

Richard Barrow has posted a full EN transcription of the PM's speech that has a softer version of the Dec. 1 / alcohol comment, as follows. Note the use of the term "consider allowing":

“By 1st December, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of entertainment venues.”

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/427661562053446

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hey Cha Cha, you ridiculously arrogant man. How about "universal protection" for your own people? Where were you when they needed the self appointed Covid Czar? 

You are a stunning failure. You are not a leader in any manner, form or on any level. You continue to threaten us, while you continue to being unhappiness to the people, and put millions out of work.

You continue to fail. You will never be forgiven. Never. 

Well said.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Rules do not need to make sense. It’s 9 parts out of 10 an exercise in obedience, 1/10 a pandemic. People have had too much freedoms in recent decades that need to be curtailed. This is precisely what is happening now.

Well put,controlling the masses 

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

That's put the nail in the coffin for bar owners then, looks like it will be a dry Chrimbo and NY.

And a stay at home job.

Might as well cancel my Pattaya hotel.

I'm hoping not, surely pubs, bars and karaoke are classed as entertainment venues?  If not, yes that may be the final nail in the coffin.

I quote from the full transcript of his latest deluded utterances

"By 1st December, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of entertainment venues under appropriate health precautions to support the revitalization of the tourism and leisure sectors, especially as we approach the new year period".

Of course, it does only say 'CONSIDER'.  So, consider, and say no, probably.

16 hours ago, mikosan said:

I couldn't agree with you more mate. I am in a similar situation and laugh at the stupidity of people being forced into illegal, enclosed hovels, a la prohibition in the US in the 1920's, where the likelihood of the spread of COVID is far greater.  I appreciate that it is illegal and the holier than thou will say they shouldn't be doing it and should be avoiding the evils of the devil drink, but sadly that is not human nature.  In the meantime, as you say, staff are getting no wages and who knows how they are surviving.  But the BiB are doing OK out of it, so I guess that's alright then?

Doing OK? Try making billions. Nobody knows what is going on, but it is likely the nation is being taken for a once in a generation ride of their lives. Hopefully years down the road these spectacularly disengenuous fools will be outed for their crimes. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 7:43 AM, webfact said:

Through his spokesman at Government House Thanakorn Wangbunkhongchana as reported by Daily News, Prayuth said:

No parties

No drinking

No gambling

I hate parties, I no longer drink and I have never gambled, yet after reading the above I somehow want to find a group intent on partying till dawn, drinking espresso martinis while gambling on the toss of a coin...

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, spidermike007 said:

Doing OK? Try making billions. Nobody knows what is going on, but it is likely the nation is being taken for a once in a generation ride of their lives. Hopefully years down the road these spectacularly disengenuous fools will be outed for their crimes. 

I wish, but I doubt it and anyway I’m unlikely to be around to see it.