Arguments break out at Bangkok check-in! Passengers for Phuket need test result as well as double vax

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They said they were double vaxxed and had the Mor Phrom app but they were refused to fly.

I guess they're going with the double vaxed means nothing... you need to check negative before flying.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

people were refused boarding for flights to Phuket

They have my sympathy and all I hope is some of them at check-in had booked luggage to be put in the hold so that the flight was delayed while such baggage had to be removed. All your fault Prayut and Anutin!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freedomnow said:

and realistically they won't see number near pre-covid for what, maybe 2 more years if these additional oral antivirals coming to market are effective and no more radical variants emerge .......at best ?

Pre-covid numbers may never reach again in the near future. I'm guessing at least a decade. With china being absent from the tourist scenes, no country except the Carribeans will be able to attain pre-covid numbers. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

They're the lucky ones. No doubt extra hurdles will be added while the travelers are mid air.

"Anyone not accompanied by at least two great grandparents, please move to the front and collect your parachute"

And if the parachute does not work please return it undamaged for a refund, or preferably for a replacement.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let them destroy their airlines annd their tourism industry with no customers.

There almost there, lots of businesses in tourist areas have already folded, never to reopen.

This government hasn't known what the left or right has been doing since Covid began, albeit first lockdown sorted it, however, they shouldn't have stopped there, they should have started preparing for further spreads/variants, e.g. seeing what was happening else where in the world.

Total failure not getting people vaccinated earlier and allowing people to travel during Songkran has killed the country basically in my opinion.

If foreigners are already within the country and are fully vaccinated, they shouldn't be subjected to the Covid tests. 

We don't mind if the Covid test is free or minimal charge but it's around 3000 baht per test which is ridiculous because it's more expensive than the local air ticket.

I heard Thai citizens get the Covid test free but I am not sure.

Edited by EricTh

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If foreigners are already within the country and are fully vaccinated, they shouldn't be subjected to the Covid tests. 

We don't mind if the Covid test is free or minimal charge but it's around 3000 baht per test which is ridiculous.

I heard Thai citizens get the Covid test free but I am not sure.

there was some talk and a proposal that Phuket sandbox was going to maybe allow use of the cheaper ATK self test kits in order to lower the costs for sandbox arrivals.  That was an article on this aseannow

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Pre-covid numbers may never reach again in the near future. I'm guessing at least a decade. With china being absent from the tourist scenes, no country except the Carribeans will be able to attain pre-covid numbers. 

Yes, I think it may be a long haul to rebuild a tourist industry. Boom times have ended - everything is cyclical - and long distance air-travel may become as expensive as it was half a century ago. A significant proportion of travellers spentfive weeks on a boat emigrating to the Antipodes. Or if you were a hippy you travelled overland through the Middle East, Afghanistan and India.

Of course the private-jet setters will still be flying everywhere, which should please the present Thai government which several years ago announced it wished to promote tourism by the wealthy rather than mass plebeian tourism.

Another factor that might poke a spoke through the tourist wheel is that earlier this year the Global Vaccine Expert (Bill Gates) told us that the coronavirus pandemic is as nothing compared to Climate Change. He has now set his sights on the latter. Perhaps we must expect Climate Lockdowns in the near future? Pollution levels are said to have fallen dramatically as result of recent lockdowns.

Note also how mainstream opinion-formers screech loudly about the need to reduce carbon dioxide and skim over the issue of the growing number of untested synthetic chemicals being introduced into our environment. Thousands of new substances every year.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

there was some talk and a proposal that Phuket sandbox was going to maybe allow use of the cheaper ATK self test kits in order to lower the costs for sandbox arrivals.  That was an article on this aseannow

Those self test kit are not for official use because it can be faked, its use for preliminary assessment and not final assessment.

48 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Those self test kit are not for official use because it can be faked, its use for preliminary assessment and not final assessment.

I understand. I am just posting about a proposal and an article and post about using them for Phuket sandbox which was on this site.  They won't be faked but just used there in person by the officials, not done at home by the traveler

13 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I understand. I am just posting about a proposal and an article and post about using them for Phuket sandbox which was on this site.  They won't be faked but just used there in person by the officials, not done at home by the traveler

If there is a cheaper version, the hospital would have used it instead of the self-test kit. I think the self-test kit isn't as accurate as the more expensive hospital version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, BostonRob2 said:

Er...these are Thais. They quite like it here.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, smedly said:

not any that I have spoken too recently

there are four people being targetted with extreme anger

Exactly it must be Difficult for him to read 555