Pfizer jabs for teen students in Hua Hin begins - 1,500 done on first day

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Manager reported from Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan where health staff from Hua Hin Hospital began the rollout of vaccinations for high school students aged 16-18.

The first day of an initial five day program in the seaside resort saw 1,500 vaccinations of Pfizer administered. 

The media said these were children and young adults who had received parental permission. Each school in the area had received an allocation.

The mood was excited as many parents turned up to support their children.

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

Large schools in the area will be involved in the rollout of 15,600 doses in the first lot.

32,462 students out of 37,786 or 85.92% have registered for jabs in the first phase of the rollout. 

It is hoped that this will lead to the reopening of schools for the second semester starting next month. 

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

asean_now_BB.jpg

Went for my first Pfister jab last month at the local hospital, mainly falang and obese children, about 60 people all up 2 hours in and out, second  jab was Monday morning, they decided to do ALL the kids too at the same time, 600 in the morning 8.30 appointment i arrived at 7.45 my number was 575 ! left at 1.30 pm then informed they could not issue any more certificates as the internet was down, informed we will call you when you can come and collect it, still waiting for the call. More kids arriving for the afternoon.