Exchange Rates

BOE Interest rates are forecasted to be going higher soon to counter inflation and wage rises I guess, so £ should be rising soon against the baht before x-mas. Fingers crossed.

Mind you , the pound baht long range forecast I'm looking at seems to put the pound at 47 by end of the year and 50 baht middle next year and staying at 50-52 until 2023 end. Then dropping 2024.

• Like 2

Should be interesting Thailand has escape the big inflation numbers that are hitting places like the U.S.  Fuel prices are rising in Thailand like every place products and services could increase substantially when things start to open.

On this, wait and see how many people come back to work when things open.  Seems some Thais I know have settled in with their families and have no plan to come back to the tourist areas.  Americans are quitting their jobs like never before over 4 million quit in August seems no one wants to work anymore even with record wages and incentives.  

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

BOE Interest rates are forecasted to be going higher soon to counter inflation and wage rises I guess, so £ should be rising soon against the baht before x-mas. Fingers crossed.

Mind you , the pound baht long range forecast I'm looking at seems to put the pound at 47 by end of the year and 50 baht middle next year and staying at 50-52 until 2023 end. Then dropping 2024.

Inshallah, the boss will get her new cooker!