Bed Pillow - whats the best non-feather pillow ?

Speedo1968

I have always had big issues with static such as in fabrics, touching cars / metal buildings in sand storms ( Saudi experience for many years ) , carpets etc.

All my clothes, towels and bedding etc, are cotton.

In the past I have used duck down pillows which has always contradicted my vegan live beliefs.

Can anyone recommend a non-feather bed pillow that is soft and pliable as in down pillows ?
Is there one in which the pillow stuffing does not create static, including the cover ?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

The best pillow is whatever you're comfortable with.

I think that this is what his question was. Which type or brand of pillow do people feel most comfortable with...

For me, it would be Besico- Downlike,, which is the best one for me. I used to buy them at Big C, but for some reason, it is no longer in stock. I tried other Besico pillows, but none other are comparable. I also tried many other pillows, and nothing was like the Besico downlike. Was about 400 bahts, and sometimes on sale.

4 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I think that this is what his question was. Which type or brand of pillow do people feel most comfortable with...

For me, it would be Besico- Downlike,, which is the best one for me. I used to buy them at Big C, but for some reason, it is no longer in stock. I tried other Besico pillows, but none other are comparable. I also tried many other pillows, and nothing was like the Besico downlike. Was about 400 bahts, and sometimes on sale.

Thanks for the brand details will look around to see if Besico is available somewhere

Being a bit of a pillow fanatic because I have "head sweats" when I sleep, and also have slight disc problems in my neck after football injuries, I have tried so many pillows as to be unreal, and only recently found one which I have kept.

It's a latex pillow, from Thailand, and has "knobbly bits" on one side (which help with the airflow/breathing) and has two different heights from the front edge to the back edge, so you can choose which is more comfortable.

It cost about 900 baht and has been very well worth it IMO.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:23 AM, Andre0720 said:

This one at 299?

https://www.bigc.co.th/besico-memory-foam-pillow-with-cool-case.html

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

1,400 baht for a 1,500 g 19"x29" goose feather pillow looks interesting. 

https://shopee.co.th/product/391433879/6479984644?smtt=0.502731991-1634538654.9

Many years ago I got caught out buying a goose feather pillow for what appeared to be a good deal. The feathers were so large that the quills would poke me in the head and when I rolled side to side I could feel them “crunch” inside.  Nothing like goose down…not even close.  One night and in the trash they went.  That’s why on shopee, the goose down pillows run between ฿6000 to over ฿20,000 (and some are a 90/10 mixture and not even 100% down)

https://shopee.co.th/search?keyword=goose down pillow&order=desc&page=0&sortBy=price

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Not this one. When I went to Big C Phuket town 2 weeks ago, they proposed this same one also. But I told the sales lady that they had previously one named 'downlike', and I said that it is no longer on the shelves. The price was around 400 bahts. I have 3 or 4 on my bed, amazing feeling. I have a collection here, trying to get to this one that I find comfortable, keeps its form after wash, lots of qualities. I will check if I can find the plastic envelope with the name on it. Tomorrow...

17 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Not this one. When I went to Big C Phuket town 2 weeks ago, they proposed this same one also. But I told the sales lady that they had previously one named 'downlike', and I said that it is no longer on the shelves. The price was around 400 bahts. I have 3 or 4 on my bed, amazing feeling. I have a collection here, trying to get to this one that I find comfortable, keeps its form after wash, lots of qualities. I will check if I can find the plastic envelope with the name on it. Tomorrow...

Probably this one then.

https://shopee.co.th/product/2044622/1208587075?smtt=0.502731991-1634561899.9

50 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Yessss.

That is the name.

Just unsure about the 'firm' mention, and my pillows do not have a golden trimming. Perhaps for display purposes.

But around 500 bahts, and I bought all of mine at about 300 to 350 bahts max. Were regularly on sale... as pillows are just about always on sale. But I stopped buying other brands on sale, buy one, and get one free. I found that there was always a reason to give one free hehe.

For me, the only pillow good to support my head, and i have also found the only woman to support my side. Sweet dreams...

Regards

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I stayed at a hotel in Koh Chang, the pillows were so awesome I was tempted to steal a couple. Best I've ever slept on but I have no idea about brand or where to buy.

I've bought pillows from Big C and other places. Some turn out to be filled with bits of torn foam and clothe. Others are some kind of foam that compresses in the middle and never regains it's shape.

I prefer something that can be washed though. Even though I change the pillowcases every week (or more often if it's warmer), I notice the pillow starts showing "sweat stains" after a couple months so I toss it into the washer with a healthy dose of laundry soap and a cup of bleach (kill all those little mites living in there).

Can't really do that with feather pillows though (they need to be dry-cleaned, just like feather sleeping bags) and proper dry cleaners are a rare thing around here (at least in Pattaya).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 10:17 PM, Kerryd said:

Last time I stayed at a hotel in Koh Chang, the pillows were so awesome I was tempted to steal a couple. Best I've ever slept on but I have no idea about brand or where to buy.

I've bought pillows from Big C and other places. Some turn out to be filled with bits of torn foam and clothe. Others are some kind of foam that compresses in the middle and never regains it's shape.

I prefer something that can be washed though. Even though I change the pillowcases every week (or more often if it's warmer), I notice the pillow starts showing "sweat stains" after a couple months so I toss it into the washer with a healthy dose of laundry soap and a cup of bleach (kill all those little mites living in there).

Can't really do that with feather pillows though (they need to be dry-cleaned, just like feather sleeping bags) and proper dry cleaners are a rare thing around here (at least in Pattaya).

In my experience, every hotel selsl pillows and towels. They keep them on stock in case someone damages them. Next time your there just ask ????