thai e visa uk

Looking at booking for Thailand for up to 60 days , I have noted that things have now changed and the office in hull and other consulates have closed in the UK and they now have thai e visa uk.

Looking at the web page that i signed up to , I thought it was a matter of paying for the visa and you got a certificate Via email just like if you where applying for a visa for Turkey, But it looks like you still have to send off your passport or call in person at london, Has anyone gone through this process yet and if so , Whats your thoughts or comments on the process. Looking at the How to apply , It looks a lot worse than before 

How do I apply for eVisa in Thailand?

How to Apply Online
  1. Create an Account.
  2. Fill in Application Form.
  3. Upload Supporting Documents.
  4. Book Appointment.
  5. Pay Visa Fee.
  6. Submit. Documents at Embassy/Consulate.
  7. Wait for. Visa to be Processed.
  8. Collect. Visa at Embassy/Consulate.

For travelling with my Thai wife from London. I assume it's a non-o, we plan on going for up to 90 days/

Requirements:

• 1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
  • 2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.
  • 3. Financial evidence (e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party).
  • 4. Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand.
  • Spouse of a Thai national
  • Marriage certificate
  • A copy of a ID card of a Thai spouse
  • Children of a Thai national / Legally adopted child of a Thai national
  • Birth Certificate / Certificate of adoption
  • A copy of a ID card of a Thai parent
  • Parent of a Thai national
  • Birth Certificate / Certificate of adoption
  • A copy of a ID card of a Thai children
  • Details of accommodation in Thailand
  • Travel Booking confirmation

For section 3 - how much money do I need, it doesn't seem to say anywhere. Can this be in my UK bank or does it need to be my Thai account.

Travel Booking Confirmation - I've never provided this in over a dozen years, I just give the flight numbers I'll be using. Do you actually have to buy a ticket now before applying for the visa - always seemed strange to me to buy a ticket when you don't have a visa to travel...

Thanks in advance

Regards

5 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:
  • 3. Financial evidence (e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party).

It can depend on your embassy. However, the general requirements is the equivalent of 20,000 baht in your local bank account at the time of your application.

7 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:
  • Travel Booking confirmation

A booked flight into Thailand is often required (again, depends on your embassy). I also consider this strange.

Note that there is no reason why you could not enter on a tourist visa (60 days with the option of a 30-day extension) instead. This would only make sense, though, if the embassy requested something that was difficult to satisfy for the Non O visa application.