PR agency in Bangkok

Thanks for your reply, Jack. I'll spend some time looking at existing threads then. I'm just mindful of the fact that I have a full-time job and other commitments so I have very little free time. That's the main reason why I was considering an agency to help with the leg work.

22 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think the general opinion here is that the process is straight forward if you qualify and there is no need for any agent.

Not quite; there are are number of different views from well qualified people.It very much depends on the circumstances of the applicant.You incidentally make a very good observation, often overlooked, that if you meet the criteria for PR you will almost certainly obtain it.

The first thing to note is that PR can absolutely be obtained without the support of an agent or legal firm. I know several such people - the common factor is that they had a good knowledge of the Thai language.Furthermore many of the legal firms touting for business with foreigners are in fact to be avoided like the plague.

The second thing to note that assembling the paperwork can be the proverbial pain in the neck.There are some people who have plenty of time on their hands and like nothing better than a challenge of this sort.Other applicants will often use legal firms already in a relationship with their employer.In practice the lion's share of the work will be done by a decent Thai secretary.Even a legal firm tends to use  legal associates to do the running around, not qualified lawyers.

So in summary it can be done by yourself and you will save on legal fees.But for some (generally the busier, less cost sensitive, corporate types) using a legal firm makes sense.Finally (it's such an important point I leave it to last) do NOT use a lawyer/agent unless you are are absolutely sure of their integrity/competence/experience and who will not <deleted> off the Immigration officials.

• Like 2

Thank you, Jayboy. I don't have much free time and would prefer to avoid the hassle of doing it myself, even if it means that I need to pay for someone else to help.

With this in mind, can anyone recommend a trustworthy agency/lawyer based on first-hand experience?

2 hours ago, lomtalay said:

Thank you, Jayboy. I don't have much free time and would prefer to avoid the hassle of doing it myself, even if it means that I need to pay for someone else to help.

With this in mind, can anyone recommend a trustworthy agency/lawyer based on first-hand experience?

Unfortunately the lawyer I dealt with has recently passed away and his firm no longer has a specific immigration section.

If I was in your shoes I would familiarize myself with exactly what's needed.There's a lot of info (to much really) on this forum's Camerata thread.Arkady is the moderator with expertise, far more than me.This will give you a clear idea whether you meet the criteria or not.Salary, tax paid and at least 3 year correct visa status are the main points.If you do, then consider initially doing it yourself or through delegation of the work to someone in your office, preferably an efficient secretary (incentivized informally perhaps). It's mainly a document collection exercise

If this isn't possible go and have a talk to a lawyer in the Employment Department at a reputable legal firm.I will mention Tilleke and Gibbins as an example of the type of firm.N.B This isn't a recommendation for I have never had any dealings with them, just a pointer of the type of firm.

• Like 1