School reopening

MarcelV

48 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just got a letter from my daughters schools (International) saying they want to have a rehearsal for re-opening onsite on Monday 29th Nov. We have to take a video of my daughter doing a ATK Covid test, send the video to school and carry pictures of her doing the test. 

I asked the school where we pick up the test kits from and the response was to go to a pharmacy and pay ourselves. Is this what every school is doing? I find it hard to believe that every family will be able to afford to pay for these kits themselves (don't know how much they are). Surely these should be provided FOC by the Gov if it is their insistence on the kids having the tests

International school---re-opening on 29th november?

My daughter's school is already open for 3 weeks and yes, they have to do a weekly covid test and send it during the weekend to school. No test, not admitted to school.

8 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

My daughter's school is already open for 3 weeks and yes, they have to do a weekly covid test and send it during the weekend to school. No test, not admitted to school.

Don't know if it was anything to do with the gov's rules but was your daughter double vaxxed before going back? My daughter didn't get her 2nd one till 8th Nov. I also think my daughters school have been a little slow in submitting paperwork to the gov but that is hearsay among parents

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know if it was anything to do with the gov's rules but was your daughter double vaxxed before going back? My daughter didn't get her 2nd one till 8th Nov. I also think my daughters school have been a little slow in submitting paperwork to the gov but that is hearsay among parents

Now, my daughter is double vaxxed.

Every child has to do a weekly test at home and to submit to school.

Nothing submitted, no entry to school.

On top, they do random tests at school.

14 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

As for the weekly test. How much are you paying and where from? Pretty sure this is only applicable to private schools because I doubt very much that Thai schools will be forcing parents to stump up for it every week

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

Now, my daughter is double vaxxed.

So she wasn't double vaxxed before going back? My daughters school said the school had to be 85% double vaxxed before they could go back. Wonder if there are different rules for different zones throughout the country

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Cheers Brewster. That was going to be my next question. Don't mind paying as a one off but if it was say twice a week every week it wouldn't really be fair as it is at the gov's insistence. 

The kids won't like that either! There were a few watery eyes after yesterday's testing!

They say"random testing" but it was over 100 students and teachers from 3 grade levels (all students). And more to be tested today. Medical staff did the testing, so I guess the school/government is supporting the hospital in doing this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As for the weekly test. How much are you paying and where from? Pretty sure this is only applicable to private schools because I doubt very much that Thai schools will be forcing parents to stump up for it every week

We bought it from pharmacy. 5 kits, 1250Baht I think it was

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So she wasn't double vaxxed before going back? My daughters school said the school had to be 85% double vaxxed before they could go back. Wonder if there are different rules for different zones throughout the country

Last vaccine was last sunday.

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

We bought it from pharmacy. 5 kits, 1250Baht I think it was

Just been to a few different places to look around for prices. Then a mate pinged me a message. Mr DIY sell them for 75baht each and you can get them on Lazada for 59baht. Just got the Mr DIY one for 75baht but will order some off Lazada aswell

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just been to a few different places to look around for prices. Then a mate pinged me a message. Mr DIY sell them for 75baht each and you can get them on Lazada for 59baht. Just got the Mr DIY one for 75baht but will order some off Lazada aswell

Is that for a Covid test ?

Can you upload a photo of what they look like ?

17 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Indeed. The money comes rolling in and this dude is good to go.????

I say again what everyone knows I always say: the best class is a class without students at all.

Yeah I'm torn on it. We're back on site in January ourselves.  On the one hand, being there is probably better educationally and socially.  On the other hand, I've grown accustomed to having my coffee and working from my desk.  I suppose that's just life!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:19 PM, MarcelV said:

We're teaching online.

I am in Songkhla and my little school has been closed for months. I started doing some teaching online, but just small classes on Skype...what do you think is the best app for teaching online?

8 hours ago, phuketsub said:

I am in Songkhla and my little school has been closed for months. I started doing some teaching online, but just small classes on Skype...what do you think is the best app for teaching online?

We use Google Meet in my school. It works well in combination with Google Classroom and Forms.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 6:20 AM, phuketsub said:

Been using Zoom for months. Zoom is pretty straightforward. 

4 hours ago, aarontendo said:

We taking bets on if/when omegatron varient shuts schools down again?

In my region of the deep, deep Muslim South no school has been open since April. We have been told that insh'allah we may open on January 1. However, with the new Omicron variant about I put my trust in Allah to guide us.

• Haha 1

My school has been doing a phased reopening, with different grades showing up every few days.  All of the students and teachers have to do weekly ATK tests and submit them online every Sunday night or Monday morning.  One of the moms thought that two lines was negative and brought her daughter the school!  The school nurse noticed the results while going through the pictures of the results and the girl was quickly isolated and her mom was called to pick her up. 

With hundreds of students being tested I will not be surprised to see some more positive tests on Monday! 

On 12/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, Callmeishmael said:

My school has been doing a phased reopening, with different grades showing up every few days.  All of the students and teachers have to do weekly ATK tests and submit them online every Sunday night or Monday morning.  One of the moms thought that two lines was negative and brought her daughter the school!  The school nurse noticed the results while going through the pictures of the results and the girl was quickly isolated and her mom was called to pick her up. 

With hundreds of students being tested I will not be surprised to see some more positive tests on Monday! 

Keep us informed please. This is an interesting test case. Cheers.