Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Do any of you have an idea when the schools can reopen? Will it depend on the area/province of the country that you're in and/or the vaccination rate?

 

I teach in one of the most severely affected provinces in the south, but I'm still hoping for a November 1 opening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LeatFingies said:

Why not ask your school?

For what it's worth, the friend of mine I just referenced in the above post was told to keep this info to himself in the event things change. I understand the OP's dilemma.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to school last Friday and they told we will let you know again if the term starts at 1 November and I am in a red province....Mostly you will get informed the day before or a few days before all events.. so prepare for 1 November and than if it change you have your lessons ready

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2021 at 8:37 AM, MarcelV said:

Do any of you have an idea when the schools can reopen? Will it depend on the area/province of the country that you're in and/or the vaccination rate?

 

I teach in one of the most severely affected provinces in the south, but I'm still hoping for a November 1 opening.

I think it's going to be regional depending on vaccinations within that province...

Best thing to do is talk to the provincial education authority regarding your school in particular.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In Mukdahan the schools opened beginning of this month (oktober)
But after 2 weeks at school, it was of cause time for the school 
holyday, therefore the kids are home again.
(I suppose they had to open the schools, not to miss the holyday🤣 )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangely the kids went to school today Oct 21 and guessing not tomorrow because it’s a holiday,..

 

Earlier this month they went to school one day the off end of semester...up NE Isaan Village ..

Don’t know the details....Not our children they stay with us ....their parents work in Bangkok..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet there will be loads of kids who have uniforms and shoes like myself that don’t fit them anymore. 
Will Big C change 2 pairs of shoes which have never been worn with out a receipt, yes I can afford too buy new ones but plenty of Thai people won’t be able too more so if they have a couple of kids.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also in an Issan village. I was told November 1st would be the reopening for in person classes again. But now I was just told this can only happen if the student vaccination rate is above 80%, which it is still not. More vaccinations will be occurring this week. If they don't hit the number, our reopening will be delayed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All schools may reopen for onsite learning on November 1, is the latest news. Let's see if there's gonna be a wrench in the machine to throw off this schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

All schools may reopen for onsite learning on November 1, is the latest news. Let's see if there's gonna be a wrench in the machine to throw off this schedule.

It will go either of 2 ways, if there is surge they will press the panic button and close the schools down again or realise they have to get on with life and manage the situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It will go either of 2 ways, if there is surge they will press the panic button and close the schools down again or realise they have to get on with life and manage the situation.

I imagine it will be the latter.

The Thai government is sick and tired of the lockdowns and is not gonna impose any more, not even with a rise in cases or different variants.

They've finally come to the conclusion that people need money and will probably survive an infection anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sons school in Chumphae is opening 1st November.

It's a primary school but have been allocated 45 vaccinations.

13 of those students have chosen not to take it.

When my wife asked if my son could have one of the leftovers(turns 12 on 9th November,jabs will be given on the 12th)it was declined.

Yet they weren't backwards in coming forwards for the term fees.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarcelV said:

All schools may reopen for onsite learning on November 1, is the latest news. Let's see if there's gonna be a wrench in the machine to throw off this schedule.

Where are you getting this info from? I am still in the dark as to what may or may not happen this coming Monday.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Where are you getting this info from? I am still in the dark as to what may or may not happen this coming Monday.....

Well, I meant to say my school opens on Nov. 1. But since we are in a dark red zone, I figured this is true for other schools as well. My bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2021 at 8:36 AM, hotchilli said:

I think it's going to be regional depending on vaccinations within that province...

Best thing to do is talk to the provincial education authority regarding your school in particular.

I think you're right, my daughters school (International) opened 4 weeks ago, its fairly large for Phuket over 800 students although they just had a weeks half term break and back again since Monday. Fingers crossed all ok so far no positive cases

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2021 at 6:40 PM, farmerjo said:

My sons school in Chumphae is opening 1st November.

It's a primary school but have been allocated 45 vaccinations.

13 of those students have chosen not to take it.

When my wife asked if my son could have one of the leftovers(turns 12 on 9th November,jabs will be given on the 12th)it was declined.

Yet they weren't backwards in coming forwards for the term fees.

 

Update,school has just notified us that opening will be put back to the 8th.

The government has not responded to their application to start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our school will probably stay closed until April. Not just teachers and students, but also the community has to be at least 70 percent inoculated.

We are still way, way from that goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got a letter from my daughters schools (International) saying they want to have a rehearsal for re-opening onsite on Monday 29th Nov. We have to take a video of my daughter doing a ATK Covid test, send the video to school and carry pictures of her doing the test. 

 

I asked the school where we pick up the test kits from and the response was to go to a pharmacy and pay ourselves. Is this what every school is doing? I find it hard to believe that every family will be able to afford to pay for these kits themselves (don't know how much they are). Surely these should be provided FOC by the Gov if it is their insistence on the kids having the tests

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just got a letter from my daughters schools (International) saying they want to have a rehearsal for re-opening onsite on Monday 29th Nov. We have to take a video of my daughter doing a ATK Covid test, send the video to school and carry pictures of her doing the test. 

 

I asked the school where we pick up the test kits from and the response was to go to a pharmacy and pay ourselves. Is this what every school is doing? I find it hard to believe that every family will be able to afford to pay for these kits themselves (don't know how much they are). Surely these should be provided FOC by the Gov if it is their insistence on the kids having the tests

Perhaps you will just have to pay for the first test. (The should be able to be purchased for 50-60 baht at the minimum). Out students have been back in school for nearly 2 weeks. They did not require an ATK, but most are now vaccinated. They just had an onsite atk yesterday (including teachers)  that was free. No positives, fortunately. It seems the rules do vary a but from school to school and province to province. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just got a letter from my daughters schools (International) saying they want to have a rehearsal for re-opening onsite on Monday 29th Nov. We have to take a video of my daughter doing a ATK Covid test, send the video to school and carry pictures of her doing the test. 

 

I asked the school where we pick up the test kits from and the response was to go to a pharmacy and pay ourselves. Is this what every school is doing? I find it hard to believe that every family will be able to afford to pay for these kits themselves (don't know how much they are). Surely these should be provided FOC by the Gov if it is their insistence on the kids having the tests

Yes, we had to buy an ATK for our son's return to school 2 weeks ago. 199 baht from Boots. I doubt many schools will provide these for parents.

 

However, we haven't had to do another one since. The school is supposedly doing random tests at school, at their cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

However, we haven't had to do another one since. The school is supposedly doing random tests at school, at their cost.

Cheers Brewster. That was going to be my next question. Don't mind paying as a one off but if it was say twice a week every week it wouldn't really be fair as it is at the gov's insistence. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...