Retirement Immi-O possible with Tourist Visa ?

Hello,
my Immi-O visa and re-rentry permit is expired in December 2020. I want to return to Thailand from a European country entitled for visa exemption.

For the application for a new re-tirement Immi-O visa from abroad "An original criminal record issued from the country of applicant’s from country of permanent residence." is required. But I am not registered where I am now, I do not have permanent residence here, I am just "stranded".
Thus it seems I have only 1 option i.e. to enter with a tourist visa with my second (empty) passport from another European country. On the embassy's website it's said:

Foreigners who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category and would like to leave and re-enter may only stay for a cumulative duration, which does not exceed 90 days and is within a 6-month period from the date of first entry. ....., proof of onward travel (confirmed air, train, bus or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 30 days of the arrival date. ..... proof of onward travel (confirmed air, train, bus or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 30 days of the arrival date.
However, I still can use my return flight and do not want to travel to other countries but stay in my rented condo as I did before covid.

Otherwise a tourist visa must be obtained.

For a tourist visa a is requested

Travelers who enter Thailand under the tourist visa exemption category are allowed to apply for an additional extension at the Immigration Bureau for a period up to 30 days.

I will really appreciate your opinions and experiences - specially an answer to the question if I can enter with visa exemption and then (when?) apply for an Immi-O at my immigration.

Thanks a lot!

That is very outdated info on that website for visa exempt entries. That rule went away in 2008 when visa exempt were changed to 15 days at land border crossings. But the 15 day rule went away about 5 years ago.

You can extend a 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days.

You can apply for a non-o visa at immigration with a visa exempt entry at any immigration office.

Requirements are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

Then you can apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 day permit to stay the non-o visa application allows you. You will need 800k baht in a Thai for 2 months or proof of 65k baht income.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is very outdated info on that website for visa exempt entries. That rule went away in 2008 when visa exempt were changed to 15 days at land border crossings. But the 15 day rule went away about 5 years ago.

Thanks a lot ubonjoe. I am somewhat shocked about such an outdated website of an embassy even I know Thai style since decades. It is many years ago I needed an embassy. I will do as you recommend.