Plunge Pool Essentials

crodge

I'm sure this is all in the posts somewhere, but couldn't find all of the answers with a search.

We are considering building a plunge pool (approx 6m x 2m). 

What are the absolute essentials that we need? We obviously don't want to spend a fortune, but we also want to ensure the pool looks nice and is easy to maintain. It will be an outdoor pool with the option of roof/awning at a later date.

What would I need to buy in terms of pumps, filters etc.. (any price guide would be appreciated)

Such a pool for plunge, beside its sizing, is nothing else than a pool for swimming. Hence, the pump(s) and filter(s) will not be different, depends on where it will be bought. 

What might be different is an overall price, when the look is to be probably more for a show than for a swimming.    

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Such a pool for plunge, beside its sizing, is nothing else than a pool for swimming. Hence, the pump(s) and filter(s) will not be different, depends on where it will be bought. 

What might be different is an overall price, when the look is to be probably more for a show than for a swimming.    

Thank you for the reply. You are right, it will just be for cooling off and relaxing rather than swimming but the mrs is keen to have it looking good too, she’s more interested in the tiles of course.I just want to make sure I get the right size pump/filter and it’s not going to fall to pieces in a year. 

18 hours ago, crodge said:

Thank you for the reply. You are right, it will just be for cooling off and relaxing rather than swimming but the mrs is keen to have it looking good too, she’s more interested in the tiles of course.I just want to make sure I get the right size pump/filter and it’s not going to fall to pieces in a year. 

Well stay away from the rubbish at the big hardware stores. You will get away with a 500 filter and a .75 hp pump. Electrical control box with magnetic protection and a timer for the light/s.  PM me if you want pricing.