Kasikorn expects 180,000 foreign tourists in last two months of 2021 - real benefit of reopening next year

webfact

16 hours ago, timendres said:

No worries. These are all high-quality, wealthy tourists who will spend millions of baht.

I somehow doubt that high-quality, wealthy tourists who will spend millions of baht, would spend much time or effort on Google looking for accommodation websites...

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I wouldn't, some of them seem to be tooled up or armed, loaded, cocked and ready for action.

True enough.... them and mini-bus and truck drivers are rumoured to keep 'tools' handy. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Kasikorn Research Centre (KResearch) is optimistic that the Thai tourism industry will see improvement next year

Have to laugh at these people 

It's a pretty safe prediction because it can't get any worse, it's like the weather man predicticting it's going to rain today while looking out the window at the rain lol

6 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Forget November, the PM will likely delay the big opening until December 1st.  Just a suspicion.

Geezer

I think he announced it so soon so that they could track how many people are booking flights now for after Nov. 1.

If those numbers are low, I think you may be right delay it using the safety and health of Thai citizens as the reason.

Several people here are asking why Kasikorn bank's research division are commenting on tourism. Well, they are a bank. Every major bank around the world has a research department. That's one of the things banks do. They research all kinds of things for clients and their own investments. They send out daily reports to their commercial and investment clients.