Covid-19 cases in Hua Hin "concerning" - more clusters at restaurants, bakery - main market 81 positive

webfact

6pm.jpg

File photo

Dr Suriya Khuharat of the Prachuap Khiri Khan public health authority described the virus situation in Hua Hin as concerning yesterday.

Cases at the downtown fresh food market of Chatchai were now at 81.

In the whole province there were now 158 new cases, one more death bring the total death toll to 82.

Hua Hin itself was the main concern.

He said there was a cluster at a restaurant 100 meters from the market involving 14 people, another involving 14 at a Khao Tom restaurant and 36 cases associated with a bakery in Soi 51.

Vaccine numbers for the seaside resort that hopes to open to foreign tourists next month are 88,751 having received one jab or 98% of the local population.

Two doses stands at 72,393 people or just under 80%.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-10-18

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

I’m afraid I do not believe the vaccination figures. I know for a fact that there are many, many, people who live in Hua Hin who are registered in their home towns and villages and have had difficulties registering for vaccines here. The figures could possibly apply to persons registered as living in Hua Hin, although I’m sceptical, but if you include the others that would reduce the percentage considerably. In truth, I don’t believe the figures regardless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The hand-wringing nutters and their Covid zero strategy.  There's really nothing you can do or say for them, but once again anyone stupid enough to be thinking about traveling to Thailand for tourism should pay attention.  1) They're arresting more and more people EVERYDAY for the heinous crime of being out of their home and drinking and 2) The continuation of a Covid zero strategy means more lockdowns and closures are a certainty.  

Their grand 'reopening' is a farce, just another uncoordinated 'display' by an incompetent government.

Edited by Used2LuvThailand
Mistake
  • Like 1

With these clusters of COVID, still happening, it is clear that it is a risk for any international traveler

to go to almost amy where in Thailand, including Hua Hin.  Glad that I am waiting a bit longer before deciding if I go early in 2022 or wait until the end of that year.

Geezer

• Like 1