Alternative to Sick Buffalo

ThaIrish Sean

Back in March 2020 I realised SARS-CoV-2 was going to last a while and I walked away from my guesthouse in Sth. Pattaya.

I allowed the manager to use my Honda Click for the last 18 months.

Last week, she told me it had been stolen and to send 2,500 baht to recover it from Bangkok.

I smelt a rat and told her I would recover it.....(my wife's brother lives in BKK)

She then says she owns the bike and will take it!  She says she has changed the paperwork.

How do I report this as a theft?  I am stuck in UK.  I still have the green book (ownership book)

Is the Tourist Police an option?

Only helpful comments please

Of course probably some fine print in some Thai law, that "possesion is 9 tenths of ownershp", you "abandoned the bike, she by default was the new owner, etc.  Doubt it, but hard to fight. She might even claim that you said she could keep the bike. Tough to fight.  Get a copy of the papers she now claims to have and how she "changed" ownership, show payment reciept, transfer, your signature, etc.  she would lose but it will be a struggle for you

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Of course probably some fine print in some Thai law, that "possesion is 9 tenths of ownershp", you "abandoned the bike, she by default was the new owner, etc.  Doubt it, but hard to fight. She might even claim that you said she could keep the bike. Tough to fight.  Get a copy of the papers she now claims to have and how she "changed" ownership, show payment reciept, transfer, your signature, etc.  she would lose but it will be a struggle for you

Some of the things she said in messenger make sense now. She was baiting me to say I don't want the bike anymore....Thankfully I did not bite.

I have many text messages condemning her fate which I can show the police if I ever get back to LOS

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Some of the things she said in messenger make sense now. She was baiting me to say I don't want the bike anymore....Thankfully I did not bite.

I have many text messages condemning her fate which I can show the police if I ever get back to LOS

Ah yes.  Sneaky little wench.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Report it stolen. It is possible to get hold of green book tho,if she has done that,she may have done,but it will show up as stolen at taxation time

The last conversation I had with her was she was going back to Udon Thani so I am guessing the bike is sold or she will take it to Udon.  If only ridden in the back of beyond I doubt it will get taxed................therefore never show up as stolen.

My thought if this happened to me - is the bike worth the agro and expense I will have to go thru to reclaim it ?

Is the F'ing you take worth the F'ing you get ?

As your post above states you wish to do so on principal - which I understand.

I wish you the best of luck with the recovery.

• Like 2