List of countries for quarantine-free entry (46 countries)

The following list was released today

1. Australia
  2. Austria
  3. Bahrain
  4. Belgium
  5. Bhutan
  6. Brunei Darussalam
  7. Bulgaria
  8. Cambodia
  9. Canada
  10. Chile
  11. China
  12. Cypris
  13. Czech Republic
  14. Denmark
  15. Estonia
  16. Finland
  17. France
  18. Germany
  19. Greece
  20. Hungary
  21. Iceland
  22. Ireland
  23. Israel
  24. Italy
  25. Japan
  26. Latvia
  27. Lithuania
  28. Malaysia
  29. Malta
  30. The Netherlands
  31. New Zealand
  32. Norway
  33. Poland
  34. Portugal
  35. Qatar
  36. Saudi Arabia
  37. Singapore
  38. Slovenia
  39. South Korea
  40. Spain
  41. Sweden
  42. Switzerland
  43. United Arab Emirates
  44. United Kingdom
  45. United States of America
  46. Hong Kong

As well as the following information
image.thumb.png.1aba2c5404a35ca86cf81ec17636cbac.png

image.png.aea5c954a43632c692b37781580d94f2.png

(source: https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass)

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Note the details  "Stayin hotel one night ....or until negative result is received.."  And what if they take more than one night, two, three four?  It is not withing your control.  And of course what if a positive result...

AQ hotels in the past do allow extension of stay at a lower cost rate, and SHA+ hotels of course allow this.

From what we understand nothing changes if you are tested positive, you would have to go to the hospital (this is why the insurance is required).

36 minutes ago, BritTim said:

What I am wondering is what "low risk countries" means. It certainly is not based on Covid-19 prevalence. Perhaps, it means "countries where we would come under huge pressure from business if we did not allow entry".

Several are on the list for visa exempt entries and some under a bilateral agreement. That could be a consideration. See: https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Visa-Exemption-Scheme-7-Dec-768x1087.png

A few are also were on the list for 15 day visas on arrival that seems to in effect now but no new list I can find.

8 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Note the details  "Stayin hotel one night ....or until negative result is received.."  And what if they take more than one night, two, three four?  It is not withing your control.  And of course what if a positive result...

IK don't see how it can be less than 2-3 nights depending on what time you arrive.

Under the existing ASQ, testing done at the hotel and takes a little over 24 hours for result. With presumably a larger number of people coming, I do nto see how it can be made any quicker, assuming they stick to PCR test as opposed to rapid antigen test.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We are working on getting 1 Night AQ pricing, and will keep everyone informed.

You can follow our line account HERE for the AQ.in.th entry updates / notices.

Do you know if I can choose a HOTEL SHA+ in Pattaya or must it be in Bangkok for the 1 night 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

IK don't see how it can be less than 2-3 nights depending on what time you arrive.

Under the existing ASQ, testing done at the hotel and takes a little over 24 hours for result. With presumably a larger number of people coming, I do nto see how it can be made any quicker, assuming they stick to PCR test as opposed to rapid antigen test.

It is possible that they have been upgrading their equipment. There are technologies available now that can deliver the results of RT-PCR tests within less than an hour. Even a year ago, there were expensive machines that could do it in four hours.

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Do you know if I can choose a HOTEL SHA+ in Pattaya or must it be in Bangkok for the 1 night 

It must be within two hours by road from the arrival airport. Thus, if arriving at Suvarnabhumi, Pattaya is allowed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BritTim said:

It must be within two hours by road from the arrival airport. Thus, if arriving at Suvarnabhumi, Pattaya is allowed.

has this 2 hour been confirmed?

I'd like to refer to that when i make my booking