METV - Multiple entry tourist Visa still an option?

At this time they are not being issued.

A METV only allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue that can be extended for 30 days. Then when that 90 days is ending you have to leave and re-entry the country for a new 60 day entry.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, farang51 said:

I guess it depends on the country. In Denmark, they do issue the METV.

But it is not very useful at this time unless you plan on making trips out of the country for other reasons other than to get a new entry.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But it is not very useful at this time unless you plan on making trips out of the country for other reasons other than to get a new entry.

Right, but that may change within the 60+30 days stay; that is what I am counting on. At the moment, residents can go to any of the 46 countries on the list and come back in less than 21 days, we just need that to be the case for everyone.

You can buy an METV from the USA acc to the DC consulate. The individual consulate web pages don't always reflect current policy with some being true laggards. Still, it's best to check with your respective consulate.

Vietnam has its own "sand box" island and Vietnam is on Thailand's list of q-free entries. Whether or not coming from Thailand, quarantine-free is accepted, is something you'd have to research. I would imagine it would be but better verify.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The PM did mention a 9 month stay visa, that would be a much better option for the winter tourists too, no need for a yearly retirement extension

He was referring to the STV that allows a 90 day permit to stay on entry and two 90 day extensions.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Which sounds good as it avoids the need to do those daft minibus border runs

One needs to consider the length of stay, the price, and the work required when choosing between the METV and the STV. It is much more cumbersome and costly to get the STV.

I got the STV last year; this year, I chose the METV with one border run for a stay of five months.

• Like 1